30. Flashback pt. 1

flashback

It was the summer of 2010 down at the Hampton. Me and my family flew to New York because of my father's business (he's a lawyer, by the way). He was hosting a dinner party and most of New York's greatest lawyers would be going.

My dad called me over while I was with my brother Colton. "Claire, dear. Come here for a second. I want you to meet someone. You too, Colt." My dad said.

Me and Colton exchanged glances before going to our father side by side.
"Yes, dad?" I asked.

To my surprise, Julian, my greatest enemy was there as well with his father behind him. I glared at him, he glared back.

"This is my friend, Alex White and his son Damien." Dad introduced.

Damien White had the perfect smile, beautiful blond hair and a pair of dazzling blue eyes. I was in love.

"Hi. I'm Colton." My brother said, extending a hand for Damien to shake.

"Nice to meet you." Damien said before shaking my brother's hand. That's when he turned to me and I could immediately feel myself blushing. "You must be Claire." He took my hand and kissed the back of my palm.

He was even a gentleman by heart.

"That I am. It's nice to meet you, Damien." I said, politely.

I heard a scoff from across me only to see Julian rolling his eyes and made a gagging gesture. I wanted to punch him in the face.

"Well, we'll leave you kids to talk." Alex, Damien's dad, said before walking away with my dad and Julian's dad.

Colton proceeded to talk to Julian. Those guys are always talking, I'm getting worried. That left me alone with Damien.

"So," Damien said.

"So." I said, biting my lower lip.

"Is he your boyfriend?" He asked, gesturing to Julian.

I almost choked. "What? Oh, no. Far from it, actually. What made you think that?" I asked, laughing a little.

He shrugged. "No reason." He said before smiling at me. "So, when I get back to California my friends and I are going to this party this Friday. You want to come? I can ask your dad, if you want?"

I stared at him, stunned. "You mean... go to an actual high school party?" I asked.

Damien nodded slowly. "That is the general definition. Yes." He said before furrowing his eyebrows. "Why, is that so bad?"

I smiled, excitedly. "No, that's amazing. I've always wanted to go to a high school party. My brother always goes to one of those every weekend and always comes home half sober. Or, if not, not sober at all." I said.

He chuckled. "Great. I'll pick you up then. Do you want me to ask your dad for you? You know, let him know it's safe and all..." He trailed off.

"No, don't. That's okay. I'll asked him." I assured him.

"It's settled then." Damien said, smiling widely.

"I guess so."