13.

"Damn it, this sucks." I muttered, sweeping away a few left over pasta. "I should be at home right now, studying my lines for my play five weeks from now."

"Would you shut up? I'm trying to clean here." Someone snapped from the other side of the diner.

I rolled my eyes. "If you didn't pour water on my book, we wouldn't be here cleaning anything at all." I snapped back.

"Oh, please. You're not even cleaning. You've barely even cleaned anything the entire hour you've been sweeping there." He huffed. "Probably because you had your father hire some really fancy maids, making you unable to clean or even learn how to sweep a broom." He mocked.

I stared at him in disbelief. Sure, my dad was really rich and he gave me everything I ever wanted but he never raised me as a spoiled and arrogant bitch. And, yes, we do have maids and butlers and all that stuff you see in the movies but I never let them clean up after my mess.

That's when I lost it.

I turned to look at him. "Is that hypocrisy I hear? You didn't even have to break a nail to get into the football team because big ol' daddy is a friend of the teams coach."

"I quit that-"

I didn't let him finish. "First of all, I don't care about my father's money. And second of all, my father didn't have to hire maids because I can very well clean my own mess. And speaking of messes, I don't have to mention my fathers name every time I get in trouble. You know why? Because I don't go walking around the streets of California looking for one. Can you say the same thing for yourself, Julian?" I finished. It was the first time I said his full name.

I should've stopped there but I was just so angry, I didn't stop to think of being reasonable.

"I don't go around stealing from liquor stores for money I don't even need." The moment I said it, I immediately regretted opening my mouth in the first place.

Amanda was right. I did stoop low this time.

You see, the summer before junior year, Julian got into some trouble with some bad guys. They said he owed them some money or something. And Julian being Julian, too prideful for his own good, instead of asking his parents for the money he needed, he broke into a liquor store and stole some. I don't know why he chose a liquor store but I guess I'll never find out.

He got caught and was sent to some juvenile prison and was suppose to stay there for eight months but with the help of Mr. Turner and my dad, he got bailed out after two.

Julian's eyes seemed to turn darker. Without another word, he pushed past me and got out of the diner. I was left standing there, staring at the empty space that was once occupied by Julian Turner. I heard rustling behind me and I whirled around only to see Henry giving me a disappointed look.

It was the worst look Henry has ever given me.