5.

"No, most definitely not! I am not going to a party wearing that dress!" I protested. "I look like a freaking bimbo!"

"Well, you don't exactly have that much of a choice." Julian said, getting comfy on my bed... That sounded wrong but, whatever. "And I still can't believe you haven't gone to any high school parties your entire life." He added.

I put my hands on my hips. "Excuse you. For your information, this isn't my first high school party. Not that I'm going." I said.

"Oh, really? Name one high school party you've actually attended." He challenged. "And you are going. End of discussion."

I rolled my eyes and thought about his question. I snapped my fingers and looked at him. "The summer before sophomore year. Jet Baker's party. The supposed 'summer ender' of the year? I remembered you being there. You and blonde what's her face just started dating?" I said.

A sad look crossed over his features before he covered it up with a flat look. "Aren't you quite the stalker. And that wasn't a party. You wore a cocktail dress and I wore a suit. It was a launching, not a party. And it wasn't his, it was his father's." He said.

I stared at him for a moment. "Like I'd stalk you." I muttered. "And yes, it was a party. I remember people getting drunk and... doing stuff." I insisted.

Julian gave me dead panned look. "Brownie, that wasn't a party." He said, flatly.

I huffed. "Fine. So what if I haven't gone to high school parties? It's not a crime." I answered.

"It is, if you're me." He said crossing his arms and leaning back on my bed, getting comfortable.

I rolled my eyes. "Good thing I'm not you, then, huh." I muttered. "Again, I'm not-"

Before I could continue, there was a knock on the door.

I glanced at Julian who met my gaze. "Are you expecting someone?" He asked.

I shook my head. Nonetheless, I called out, "Come in!"

My little brother's head popped in. "Claire?"

"Hey, Cole. I thought you were out with Mom and Dad?" I asked, smiling a little.

He stepped inside the room and was about to say something when he caught sight of Julian. He blushed.

I turned to the boy sitting on my bed. "Get out loser, you're scaring him." I said.

He raised an eyebrow. "Have you seen yourself? You look worse than Gollum." He said.

I rolled my eyes and was about to retort back a sarcastic remark when someone giggled from the doorway.

"What are you laughing at?" I said in a teasing tone.

Cole giggled some more before running to Julian's direction when I started to grab him. He fell into Julian's arms giggling a lot, I was almost worried. I smiled as I watched them together. Julian was smiling widely as he tickled Cole, who was laughing a lot.

"God, you've grown so much since the last time I saw you!" Julian exclaimed as he picked up Cole and twirling him around, causing Cole to laugh even more.

When he said that, a deep sense of nostalgia bubbled up in my chest.

See, Julian's parents and my parents were quite close back when they were in college. So, every time we go to their house or them to ours, we usually pull pranks on each other like serve each other mud or worm cakes or push each other in the pool or throw a frog when one is in the shower (Me, specifically. Because I hate those slimy hopping little monsters.) and so many more. Now, unfortunately for me, since I'm the only girl, my brothers and Julian would usually team up against me.

You can tell, they play fair.

At first it was only Colton and Julian versus me. But then Cole came along. Colton would usually use poor baby Cole against me as a shield because he knows I don't hit kids. That bastard.

Looking at them now, something in my chest warmed. And I didn't know if that was a good feeling or a bad one.