37.

I didn't realize I was walking to the garden until I got there, only to find out that the place was already occupied by none other than Julian and Stacey, already making out on the spot where Julian and I had our moment.

It was my spot.

I suddenly felt sick. A bike was rising up my throat and I suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe. My chest ached to the point where I had to clutch my chest tightly. There were tears in my eyes that wouldn't seem to stop flowing. Is this what people usually call a heartbreak? Because the feeling couldn't compare to the name. If anything, the name was an understatement.

This feeling was worse than when I found out about Jack cheating on me.

I immediately left, with a broken heart and heavy tears staining my face and I didn't look back.

~ o ~

There will always be that moment in you life where you had to make a very life changing decision. In some cases, it could be about a loved one who's dying and you're planning on turning off his or her life support but you're having second thoughts or it could be about taking up a masters degree to become a lawyer; you want to be a lawyer but you're too lazy to take the test.

In my case, it's none of the above.

My case depends on what I'm going to do after I do it. Do I either run, hide or both? I sighed and fell to the floor, hugging my knees close to my chest.

There was another knock. "Claire, I know you're in there. The lights are on and you're car is parked on the driveway." There was a pause and then a sigh. He knocked again. "Claire, come on! Open up!"

I sighed and stood up. With all his knocking, he was going to wake the neighbors.

I opened the door, seeing Julian about to knock again. He exhaled and smiled when he saw me. "Finally. I was beginning to think you were abduc-"

I slammed the door on his face, cutting him off. I leaned my forehead on the door until he started knocking again, much louder this time.

"Okay, now I'm completely positive you're ignoring me. Come on. Open up!" He said and pounded on the door.

I yanked the door open but before he could say anything, I said, "I don't want to talk, I don't want to see anyone, especially you and I'm really tired. Have a nice night." I said and was about to slam the door on his face again when he stopped it with his foot.

"Whoa, there. Did I do something wrong?" He asked, pushing the door wide open.

I exhaled and pretend to think. "Did you do something wrong? Wait, let me think. Oh, right. You and Stacey." I stopped when my voice cracked. I tried again after a while, "You... You and Stacey in my spot... kissing. How could you take her there? It was my thinking spot, my... my sanctuary." I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"What? But I thought-"

"No, you assumed. You assumed that you could go there and bring anyone you want just I brought you there and that we..." I stopped myself, remembering the shared kiss. It hurt so much.

I shook my head and looked down. "Why are we here, Julian? What are we, even? What is this? We're not friends. We're... we're just two people getting revenge on the people who cheated on the both of us. This wasn't suppose to happen. I wasn't suppose to... I'm sorry." I was crying now. I sniffed and didn't dare look at him. "Go home, Julian." I told him and closed the door.

He didn't stop me this time.