Game.

Chapter 3

"Morning Ms. Harper." Riley hopped onto the bus that was taking her to the middle school to tutor kids. As usual she held her tea in her hands and held a copy of Little Women to read on the drive. She tucked her knees on the ugly blue pleather and after resting her head on the window she opened her book.

"Morning Riley. Ahh, you must be the new addition, welcome." Lucas took a few steps onto the bus, hating life at the moment until he saw her. The sun shone through the window onto her hair, bringing out the red undertones and brightening her eyes. Beautiful. No! No! No! You're a lady killer, but she's so-Friar don't start with me!

"Hey." The brunette didn't acknowledge him, she was enthralled with her favorite book. "Can I sit here?"

"Huh?" She finally pulled her eyes away from the worn pages and unexpectedly onto him. "Hi, I'm sorry what?"

"Can I sit?" The brown eyed girl nodded, "I didn't know you did this, what did you do to get stuck here?"

Her brows furrowed, "I willingly do this. What are you doing here?"

Lucas sighed, of course she did. I don't know a whole lot about you but I know you're sweet enough to willingly give up some time on Saturday to tutor kids. And possibly get punched to break up a fight. "I got into some trouble for fighting."

Riley tousled her hair and took a sip of her tea, "yeah. You have a small reputation." His green eyes moved from her to the floor board. Crap! Apparently she doesn't like the bad boy thing. With her condescending tone. "Plus last night, someone tried to swing at you and you lost your cool."

The quarterback clenched his jaw, wanting to change the subject. "Um, speaking of last night who knew you were so-"

"Loud?" They both laughed, and his heart sped up, he truly enjoyed that. "I'm good at taking charge, I guess it comes with the territory if ever I need it."

There was an awkward silence that fell over them and after letting out a grin she opened her book again. "What are you reading?"

"Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, my absolute favorite book of all time."

Gimme more! Isn't there a song called that? "What are some of your other favorite books?"

The brunette closed her book and bit her lip, "why?"

"We're friends, or at least I thought we were. It's pretty custom to learn things about your friends."

She divulged a gorgeous smile, "um, Lord of the Rings trilogy. The Great Gatsby, To Kill a Mockingbird-" she smiled noticing he was looking directly into her eyes, "and Sense and Sensibility."

"I've only read 1 book willingly, Lonesome Dove." The quarterback chuckled, "that's probably because I'm from Texas." And because it's a damn good book!

"Lonesome Dove is a good book, I'm just a fan of classics. 'The older the violin the sweeter the music'." The bus started to pull away when the green eyed man laughed, recalling that line from the book, or he probably remembered it from the movie. "Did you ever get your truck looked at?"

Small talk, alright she's warming up to me! "Yeah, you were right. It was the alternator." With a smug expression she took a sip of her tea. "How do you know so much about cars?"

"I don't know a whole lot actually, what I told you the other day was pretty much all I know." Riley quickly came to the realization she wasn't going to read her book so she put it up in her purse, and pulled out her headphones. "Want to listen with me?" Everything she did caused butterflies. "I have good music, swear."