Date or No Date?

Chapter 7

Riley decided not to go to tutoring this morning because of her pained body and ended up sleeping in till 11:00, the time she'd normally be getting home. "Hi peaches."

"Hi honey. How's your body?"

"I'm afraid to move to find out." The brunette giggled, "I'm sure it's fine. How are you and Josh? I need the details."

Maya lazily shrugged her shoulders with her eyes still closed, "we had a great time last night. But, no kiss and no date."

"What about you and Lucas?" The brown eyed girl sighed heavily, "Come on. He likes you Riley." After last night I really couldn't deny it. The gummy bears, the almost kiss twice, his fingertips and the way they made eye contact. Okay quit thinking about this!

"Maya, I'm a nobody. A bruised ribcage and leg is what will happen, metaphorically if we try to date. We're too different, so nothing is going on between us."

"That's too bad, because once he came back he hung out in his room and cleared out the party as soon as he could." She closed her eyes, remembering his hands on her waist and holding her. When he caressed her cheek, and when his fingertips grazed her side, all of the butterflies and goosebumps came back to her. "I know you like him too."

"I kept your secret from Josh, you keep mine from everyone. In the entire world. It's what's best, he deserves more."

The blonde scoffed and sat up to look at her, "more what? You're the best person I know and I wish you could see what everyone else sees. You're my best friend and I'm telling you that he could never do better than you." Riley's arms opened wide and she gave her a hug, "now get your ass up I'm starved."

"Language." She rolled herself out of bed and stretched, "my body isn't too bad. It's sore but nothing I can't handle." Her hair was still curled from yesterday, even after sleeping on it and her face had no traces of makeup. She stepped into the living room, and heard Maya stumbling behind her.

"Will you make your cinnamon pancakes? Please?"

"Good morning ladies, it's about time." Maya and Riley stopped in their tracks afraid to turn around. Please let it just be Josh, please let it just be Josh.

"Yeah, I missed you at tutoring this morning." Lucas pronounced. Son of a-

Her brown eyes connected to Maya's blue ones. "Is it too late to run?" The guys giggled and rose from the couch. Lucas maneuvered himself right in front of her.

"I think it's a little too late." Tingles erupted through her body. That's new, hmph why is he so attractive?

Her lips smiled, "hi."

"Hey."

She cleared her throat quickly and shifted her focus, "so what are you doing here?"

"I'm taking you out, as a friend, platonic scout's honor." Riley shook her head no, and opened her mouth to say something when her best friend interrupted.

"I'm sure she'd love that, right Riles?" Oh Maya I have so much dirt on you! Don't even, and Josh is my brother OH it's on.

The girls exchanged glares and clenched jaws, "um, I was really wanting to stay home today."

"NO! Maya and I are hanging out here, till later this afternoon." Her brown eyes narrowed yet again, "come on sis you know you want to." The quarterback snickered, it was cute how hard she was fighting. It was cuter though how Josh and Maya were pushing her, they must do that a lot. "Hey Maya, will you go on a date with me tonight?"