Closet Part 2.

Chris.
Riley's in trouble. Meet me in the office now!

Lucas didn't hesitate to leave class right in the middle of the lecture and ignore the complaints he was getting from his teacher. The quarterback sprinted down the hallway and towards the front office when he heard Chris yelling. "DOESN'T A JANITOR HAVE ANOTHER SET OF KEYS?!"

"Chris what's going on where's Riley?"

He turned his face towards his friend and Lucas instantly saw how fear stricken he was. "She's locked in a janitor's closet and I can't get her out."

"Where are the damn keys?" Lucas glared at the office staff and felt his hands form into fists. "I SAID WHERE ARE THE KEYS?!"

Silence. Just fear.

"Come on Chris." They left the office and he didn't need to be told to lead the way. "How long has she been in there?"

"10 minutes, maybe more."

His blood pressure began to rise as it feverishly heated up. "Who?"

"I'm going to assume Missy. I tried to tell Riley not to go to the bathroom because she looked too damn happy today."

The green eyed man slid across the tile in front of the janitor's door. "RILEY?!"

"Please get me out of here. P-p-please." Her sobs and the fear was more than evident and it immediately tore him up.

All of his anger dissipated for the moment and turned to fear. "Princess it's me."

"Lucas please. Help me." His heart was breaking hearing her cry and his forehead rested against the door. He reached his fingers in the small gap between the floor and door to measure its thickness. It wasn't very thick like the rest of the doors. I can kick this down.

"Riley please listen to me baby, I need you to get into a corner okay, far away from the door as possible. The front office couldn't find the keys and I need to get you out of there."

There was no response and that only made him worry more.

"Princess?" His hand slammed against the door. "Please baby I have to get you out of there, please move over. Cover your head."

There was an audience that had begun to gather from the screams in the hallway. Finally Riley agreed and after giving her a few seconds he rose off the floor. Seeing everyone in the hallway made him furious, someone had to have heard her. If they heard them just now, someone had to have heard her high-pitched heart wrenching scream. The anger was bottling up inside of him and now was the perfect time to let it out.

His foot slammed into the wood. Nothing.

And again.
He could feel the lock losing its strength.

With all of his power the bottom of his foot barreled into the door and it swung open. Lucas slid in front of her and almost couldn't stop the tears when he saw her. Riley's hair was disheveled from the many times she tugged at it, one of her shoes was missing. What little makeup she did wear was running or gone completely. Her eyes that he'd fallen in love with were red and there were claw marks across her chest. "Lucas. H-help." With the last word a tear fell from his eye.

"Shit."

The quarterback could see it. She was on the floor, she was crying, her breathing was ragged. She was having a panic attack, and what's scarier he had no idea how many she already had. "Chris, get everyone out of here. Now."