Humiliation.

Mahatma Ghandi once said that 'it has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves honored by the humiliation of their fellow beings'. It was a noble quote, in fact a quote that Riley had often rehearsed to herself. But right now the quote that was running through her mind was, 'your humiliation is someone else's momentary entertainment'.

So whenever a picture goes flying around school of Riley standing in the creek at her and Lucas' spot naked besides the flower in her hand and her arms covering up her chest. Well, that is just about the definition of humiliation. But, whenever it has her phone number on it saying 'she'll give a ride anytime' well that's just enough to leave anyone feeling numb—emotionless—demeaned.

But the only emotion running through Riley's body was 'anger'. Which brings about another quote from Marilyn Monroe, 'the embarrassment after the anger is the biggest humiliation a person can experience'. So with her eyes fixated on Missy laughing at the end of the hallway she decided to make the most of her anger. Especially since in just a little bit her anger would dissipate and turn to humiliation.

Riley slammed her bag to the ground and wiped the tears that had unknowingly escaped. "WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!?"

Missy's eyes widened at her sudden outburst. She was expecting her to stay silent and take the abuse as she had for years. But here was her old friend, stalking towards her with clenched fists. But knowing Riley she wouldn't do anything. "I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!" But before she could answer the brunette punched her in the jaw sending her to her back. "You Missy Michelle Bradford are the worst human being in the entire world. I have done NOTHING! NOTHING to you!" The tears started to flow through her high pitched scream. "How can you live with yourself? Are you that pathetic and despicable that the only time you are happy is when other people are hurting? Well you know what you can go back to hell where you came from. I am over you. I am over all the bull shit you have put me through and in case you've forgotten I have plenty of secrets on you."

Missy instantly flipped her gaze towards Riley as she rose from the ground. "Yeah that's right. I wonder if the student body knows that you wet the bed until you were 8 years old and you couldn't sleep at my house until you were in 8th grade because you got scared and had your mommy come pick you up."

Missy's face was red, her nostrils flared with every exhale. She was mad, not just mad—furious. "SHUT UP!"

"MAKE ME! You have ruined my life Missy." And without even thinking she pushed her to the ground. "HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE HELPLESS?!"

As soon as she said that she felt a pair of strong and familiar arms wrap around her stomach. Her first instinct was to try and fight her way out not thinking twice about it. She thrashed her body and kicked her legs until someone said, "Princess it's me. It's me princess."

"GET OFF OF ME!" Lucas released his hold completely shocked, he still had no idea what was going on. He left the locker room in a full sprint and somehow managed to move faster when he heard her screaming.

"Princess—"

"NO!" Riley inhaled heavily hoping to gain some self-control but it didn't work. She spun on her heels and yanked a piece of paper out of her grasp. "Are you missing a picture or something Lucas?"

His chin began to tremble and his breathing became abnormally heavy as he stared at the picture. "MISSY!"

"NO!" The brunette shouted and stood in front of him. "You and Maya were the only ones to have those pictures." A few quick shallow breaths were inhaled trying to fight her tears. "Why-Why is it here? How did they get it?"