Real Threats.

Chapter 43

Lucas watched their exchange, he'd never seen Chris mad before so if he was being honest it caught him by surprise. "Chris what's going on man?" He asked calmly.

Still not tearing away his gaze, "This son of a bitch took your picture." He slammed Charlie into the lockers again and Lucas saw red. He dropped his bag and with one quick motion, and precision to avoid Chris he punched Charlie in the jaw.

"NO!" Josh tackled him to the ground with a lot of force on his part and a ton of resistance from his best friend. "LOOK AT ME!" Lucas was thrashing underneath him to push him off so Josh smacked him across the face to gain his attention. "IF RILEY FINDS OUT YOU'RE FIGHTING THERE'S NO HOPE!" That got him calm and fast, he couldn't lose his princess more than he already had. "COOL OUT!"

"You'll also get suspended for fighting, which is why I'm going to take care of this shit head." Chris threw him to the floor and punched him in the nose. "I ASKED YOU WHY?"

"I didn't know Missy was going to do that!" Charlie bucked his hips and knocked Chris off of him. "Missy said she wanted the picture because she was jealous that Lucas and Riley were together and she asked me to take it down. And I was pissed about her turning me down." His emerald orbs narrowed, oh how he wished he could tear him apart.

Chris stalked towards him and punched him again, "You're a piece of work. One of the greatest girls I've ever known suffered because of your ignorance." He threw him back up against the locker and gave him a hard blow to the ribs. "Did you enjoy ruining someone's life?!" He punched him again and pulled him down to eye level, "Did you know my sister committed suicide because of people like you?" He growled and attacked again.

Only this time he didn't stop. He took out all of his rage with each blow, all of his sadness and all of his fear on Charlie until a few minutes had passed and he quit putting up a fight. Lucas pulled him off and gave him a hug, "calm down Chris. Come on man, you aren't a fighter, you're the brains." He pulled away and nodded in affirmation.

"I let my emotions get the best of me." He whispered and again the quarterback agreed. Chris fiddled with his thumbs, "Lucas, I know what it's like to lose someone you love because of pointless crap like this. Hold on to Riley, she's one of the lights in a dark world, just like my sister."

"I don't intend to let her go." Lucas mumbled, "Look uh go clean up and head to the library. I'll give coach an excuse. After school, come to my place."

Chris nodded and both Lucas and Josh looked at Charlie disgustingly. "Should we tell Mr. Matthews?"

Riley's brother shrugged and stuffed his hand into his pockets, "He did break into your locker, stole personal property and aided in the utter humiliation of my sister and your girlfriend." He stated casually. A wide smirk spread across the quarterback's face until Josh spoke again, "However I think him being brutally beaten by a grieving brother might have done the trick."

Lucas knelt down beside Charlie who was cleaning up the blood from his nose and lip and gripped the collar of his shirt, "If you ever and I mean ever even think about her again I will castrate you so the world won't have to deal with more scum of the earth. If you try to talk to her, I'll break your jaw. If you so much as glance in her direction, I'll make sure you won't be able to see the next day. You may not have pulled the trigger but you passed her the loaded gun, I'm from Texas Gardner, unluckily for you I know how to use one. Stay. Away. From. Riley." The venom delivered with his speech would have been enough to terrify grown men, but what Charlie was really focusing on was the truth of the threat. It wasn't just because of the rumors that he believed it, it was his eyes. They somehow had gone completely dark but held so much honesty in them.