Long Day Part 2

"Congratulations bro." Josh gave him a handshake while getting dressed for weight training. "When do you want to punch me?"

Lucas shook his head, "No. I'm not going to punch you that bet gave me a reason to try harder and it sure as hell paid off. Weeks later, but it did."

"Patience is a virtue." Zay joked before resting his shoulder against the lockers. His green eyes rolled while tying his shoes. "Heard you almost got into a fight this morning."

Lucas' brows furrowed when remembering that particular event this morning. Though the frustration didn't last long when he thought about what happened afterwards. "Yeah, Riley stopped it. Of course she stopped it." The small smirk disappeared when he saw Charlie walk by. He spun around to avoid that incident again when Zay was just standing there. "What?"

"Nothing I'm just happy for you. Staying out of trouble and all."

"Thanks man, I appreciate that. Come on." They sauntered into the weight room and partnered up. "Bench press first." The quarterback kept receiving quick glances from some of his teammates. "Josh or Zay do one of you want to explain to me why the rest of the team are acting like a bunch of creeps?"

Josh laughed before lifting the bar off the rack, "That'd be because you're actually dating someone."

"Someone like Riley." Zay added.

"What the hell does that mean Zay?"

His jaw clenched creating a sharp line across his face. "Luke come on, you know I meant nothing by it. She's just unknown, the guys haven't really heard about her, but thanks to you she isn't anymore."

"I don't give a damn if they know her or not. At least they know she's my girl now."

Josh chuckled while sitting up off the bench and switched spots with Zay. "I'm sure my sister loves that term."

The quarterback scratched the back of his neck and said, "I think she kind of likes it. I told her I'm not going to control her I'll just beat the living lights out of any man who tries to mess with her."

"I doubt you'll have to worry about that." Josh mumbled while taking a drink, "You're the first one to notice her besides Farkle. And they're friends."

"Precaution." Lucas stated with a debonair smile.

"Save that flashy stuff for your girl. How is she handling it by the way?"

After adding on two 25 pound plates to the bar he got situated. "Handling what exactly?"

Zay and Riley's brother glanced at each other and shook their head. "The fact every girl in school probably hates her guts for stealing you off the market you handsome stud." Zay joked, "Especially-"

"Missy." Josh finished.

He re-racked the weights and sat up. "Damn, I didn't even think about that."

Josh furrowed his brows, "What do you mean you didn't think about that? That's a big reason why Riley didn't want to say yes the first few times you asked her."

"It was all in the moment," He shrugged and stood up. "I wasn't planning on what happened today. I was going to take her to my spot, or hers and ask her again. But, it just came out of my mouth before my mind could register what the hell I was saying."

"You sound like such a chick."

"Well, I think she's doing okay with it." The green eyed man mumbled while sipping a drink.