Or Something.

The day went by surprisingly well, Lucas ended up picking her up from 4th period to walk her to lunch since Maya was currently in what she deemed as hell with fluorescent lighting. To which Riley mumbled; language. After the incident this morning word got around about the quarterback's fist connecting to Jake's face and though it wasn't 'noticeable' per say Lucas knew that there was going to be a dramatic shift in the wind and soon.

Him switching classes was going to ruffle a few feathers, in fact—it had. Riley had never seen more of Missy than she had that day, but the green eyed man never faltered. His arm consistently wrapped around her waist or draped over her shoulders in a perfect protective and possessive manner. The quarterback had the football team spread word around the school.

In fact his exact words were.

'No one touches or hurts Riley Matthews, or they deal with me'.

To say the brunette swooned would be a massive understatement. She had fallen in love with him all over again. Hating the circumstances, but loving the result. Either way that spread like wild fire, and even Chris along with Josh made it abundantly clear anyone daring to even dream about hurting the brunette would have to deal with them also. But for whatever reason the wrath of Lucas Friar was enough to send everyone hiding under a rock.

It could be because my boyfriend has a temper that only I can seem to control. Me. Riley Matthews. A grin crept onto her cheeks at the thought of being able to 'control' in a sense the school's deemed bad boy. The couple had kept their plans of going over to his house after school so she could learn how to throw a punch. Even the idea of her throwing a punch sent her into a fit of giggles. "What are you laughing at beautiful girl?"

Oh that was out loud.

"I just-"The brunette fell onto his bed and sighed, "Just thinking about throwing a punch. Me, Riley Matthews learning how to throw a punch. A punch specifically for Missy."

His emerald eyes crept into her view as he hovered over her, the hitch in her breath at the sudden change in proximity didn't go unnoticed. "Why's that funny?"

"I uh-Well, I always used my wits. Confused her long enough to get the heck out of there."

He nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck and inhaled deeply, "Damn Riley you smell so good." With that he exhaled and the heat from his breath made her squirm. "What's wrong princess?"

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

A smirk appeared on his face as his lips trailed against her jawline and towards her chin. "I'm so in love with you Riley Matthews."

"I love you back." She whispered, completely lost in a Lucas induced euphoria. Something he relished in doing to her. Lucas loved a lot of things about Riley, but up there in his top 10 was the effect they had on each other. He can render her speechless with his words, and his heart could explode with a simple glance.

It's true he loved placing her in a comatose state, which was probably number 4 on his list of things he loved to do to her. Number 5 was instantly tugging her out of the daze, mostly because he loved to get her all riled up. Pun intended. So as his lips finally brushed against hers and his hands grazed the skin of her curves he stopped suddenly. "Oh nice try Ms. Matthews, trying to distract me."

He rose off of her and smirked. "ME?! You got all up on me!"

"Oh princess, you're letting your imagination run rampant. Come on let's go to the backyard." Riley's nose scrunched up as her eyes narrowed. And the quarterback was pretty sure his heart beat sped up. Good God Riley you're adorable.