I'm Disappointed.

Chapter 40

"I want you." Lucas froze underneath her and stared into her gorgeous eyes that weren't as dull as they were yesterday. He undeniably wanted her since the first moment he saw her, and it was an insatiable desire, well more like need. She wasn't like all the other girls in the school that he would casually date, he was a virgin because he wanted to be despite what the rest of the school thinks. But with Riley he was a virgin because she wanted to be and he had the upmost respect for that.

In reality his respect for Riley was abundant and had no end, which is why he had to turn her down. Again. "Princess, I believe you're ready and trust me I am too but this is too much for you right now. After yesterday, you need to keep your head clear."

The brunette quit kissing his neck and rested her forehead against his shoulder. She had every intention of going full female and getting angry about the fact he turned her down- again. But the erection resting on her leg made it abundantly clear it was nothing to do with her. Riley had read somewhere that 'it's a man's job to respect the woman, but it's the woman's job to give him something to respect'. Lucas was undoubtedly a man, the best she could have ever asked for or imagined. And he was simply respecting her. The brown eyed girl truly believed their relationship was so amazing because not only did they find out their similarities but they both respected and embraced their differences.

Their relationship was based on nothing but respect. "I understand." Riley whispered and climbed off on him. "I'm sorry to put you in that situation, again."

The quarterback smirked and tugged her back into his lap, "You should be. It is getting more and more difficult every time to resist you."

His eyes darkening from lust had not gone unnoticed but as soon as she lightly pecked his lips, his captivating emerald orbs were brought back to life. "I do appreciate you stopping me from doing that. Even though I feel ready, you're right the timing isn't right."

Lucas kissed her flushed cheek and sighed happily since his princess was resting in his arms. "If I don't respect you I don't deserve you."

"Touché Mr. Friar. So," She fed him some eggs and leaned back into his chest, "I'm not planning on getting out of my pajamas today, what about you?"

Lucas shrugged and opened his mouth for another bite. "Well I don't plan on leaving you today." He bit the egg off the fork and saw Riley had an unreadable expression across her face. "What's that look for?"

Though she wasn't sure what her face looked like, the brunette was pretty sure it was contorted in a way she didn't want it to be. Though she wanted some time alone, she wanted him. Lucas brought her a sense of comfort and love that no one else ever had. Her emotions were a mixture of humiliation, sadness, curiosity, anger, and regret. And that's what was written on her face. "Do you not want me to stay?" He questioned with a pout. God he's adorable.

The brunette giggled lightly and kissed his neck, "Of course I do. Sorry about my face it has a mind of its own sometimes."

"Well your face in particular show's all emotions. So, spill. What caused 'the face'?" He coined and fed her some eggs. Before the brown eyed girl answered she realized they were back to square one, back to where they were 2 months ago. Him chasing after her.

"Um, I'm angry and humiliated about what happened yesterday. Sad because of Maya getting mad at me for like the first time ever. And regret that I broke up with the most amazing man in the world."

His arms held her tightly in his grasp. "That's a lot of emotions." He whispered causing Riley to laugh. "I understand you're sad because of Maya but she will realize she's acting ridiculous and come back to you. If I find out you apologized to her it will not be a good day." She couldn't help but snicker but agreed, he was right. Maya of all people should understand what she was going through which is why she found it odd. Maya had always been there for her in the past with no questions asked. "Anger and humiliation are both completely understandable and I have a way to get your anger unleashed if you're interested." Again she nodded and was engrossed to hear what he had to say about 'regret'. "As for regret, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger."