Time.

It had been an hour since they were left alone, and neither of them had spoken much for the past 40 minutes. The room was eerily silent and it was just now 6 o'clock. Lucas continued to caress her cheek and stare into her large brown eyes. He had no idea what had become of their relationship of their 'Rucas' and he was afraid to ask. However, Lucas could do this. Just lie here with her and hold her in his arms. "Riles." Josh peeked in through the door and grinned seeing she wasn't crying, "Luke I'm sorry man but we're going to have a family meeting."

"What?" The brunette rose off the bed and her eyes and tone held fear for whatever reason. Everyone was confused as to why that was, including Riley.

Lucas rose off the bed and held her hand, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

Her chin began to tremble, she'd already left him once today and she didn't want to leave him again. Despite the fact she broke up with him, she needed his comfort, his embrace. Lucas always had a way of controlling her emotions. "Please don't go. Josh please don't make him go." Her brother dropped his gaze when the quarterback embraced her.

"I'm sorry sis it isn't my decision. Mom is in lawyer mode and dad has been on the phone the past hour. It seems really important."

The brown eyed girl glanced up at her—whatever he was. "P-please don't go. I finally q-quit crying." His green eyes lifted off of her and towards his teammate.

Josh looked remorseful but it seemed important. "Princess look at me." Her grip on his shirt tightened as she rose off his chest. "I have to go." Riley's body started shaking while she tried to control her tears. "Hey, it's okay. I'm just a few houses away and you can call me okay? I'll be over whenever you need me, whenever you need me I'll be here okay?"

His words did little to comfort her, however she knew he didn't have much of a choice not to mention Lucas really would come whenever she needed him. Riley couldn't explain why she felt like she had to have him there to be comforted. It was almost like her body called out to him, and the overwhelming discomfort that she had broken up with him had begun to settle in. "Bubba just a few more minutes." She whimpered and Josh left with a head nod. The brunette nuzzled her face into his neck and sobbed uncontrollably.

"Princess please don't cry." He whispered through his own tears. He loved that she was so attached to him, it made him feel wanted and appreciated, but seeing the person he loved most in this world was in pain that was almost too much for him to handle.

"Please give me time." She mumbled.

He furrowed his brows. "I'm not trying to pressure you beautiful. I'm sorry if that's what you think I'm doing."

She disagreed and shook her head vehemently. "Please just give me time, just a little bit I don't want you to go anywhere."

He released a breath he didn't realize he was holding. Those words relieved so much tension in his chest, the fact that she didn't want him to go anywhere was something he desperately needed to hear. Yet again, she had given him more hope. The green eyed man just needed to be patient, a virtue he'd perfected in the weeks it took him to convince Riley to date him the first time around. "Princess I don't plan on going anywhere."

Her door opened again when Mrs. Matthews came in wearing her pant suit, "Lucas I'm sorry—"

"I understand." He interrupted and gave the brunette a final squeeze. The brown eyed girl pulled away slightly and stared into his eyes. She could persuade him to do anything with those magical things. "I love you princess."

Her arms snaked around his neck. "I don't think I'll be at school tomorrow."

"I wasn't expecting you to be, but I will come see you."