Knight in Shining Armor.

Chapter 8

Riley sat on the biggest rock and watched Lucas lay out a blanket and light a few candles. He's so full of himself. But God he was so cute. He moved with haste as if he couldn't wait to talk to her about something in particular, he was silent the entire ride and she had no idea why. The only time he would look at her was when he'd search for her hand. It had become a funny little game for the star quarterback. Her brown eyes traced the sky, the part she could see through the leaves and branches. The stars shone brightly tonight, hardly any clouds and man that moon, is that a full moon? "Oh my God Lucas look. It's a full moon."

His emerald eyes traced the sky and back down to the beautiful brunette, "yeah gorgeous." He sauntered towards her, and lifted her hand off the rock, "come on let's sit."

"Technically I am sitting."

"Come here gorgeous." She bit her lip and she was almost seductively drawn towards him. "Let's talk." Riley pulled her hands away.

"Yes as friends." She giggled and turned her head to the quarterback who was only inches away from her face, "friends." She whispered. "What do you, excuse me," The brunette cleared her throat, "what were you wanting to talk about?"

"I just, I wanted to let you know why I fought the other day." Her eyes narrowed, I really want to point out that he could've told me all of this without coming out here but, I'll play along. "I lost my temper, I've had one ever since my mom and I left Texas in the middle of 8th grade. When men are rude to, or hurt women it is something that I literally cannot handle Riley." Okay why do you have a temper? Why did you get one once you left Texas? The look in his eyes was so intense and incredibly truthful. How is that possible? I know he's telling the truth by his eyes. "He was being a jerk to a group of girls who weren't interested in him, and he got a little handsy. I saw red."

She nodded her head slowly and licked her lips, "I understand your reasoning, I think it's great how protective you are, but wouldn't it have been more efficient to escort him away."

"That was the plan until he swung. Riley, I know you don't want me to stop fighting for you, but you just make it so much easier." The quarterback inched closer and brushed his fingertips against her cheek. Her eyes closed and her chest collapsed from the shaky exhale. The brunette could feel the warmth of his lips close to hers. "Riley." The jade eyed man whispered, she gulped and let out a small sound, "can I kiss you?"

Riley completely melted into his hand that was cupping her entire cheek. "I don't know if that's a good idea."

"I think it's a great idea." Lucas lightly brushed his lips against hers. Oh God. Her entire body tingled, the only other time she felt that way was when he kissed her the first time. Her first real kiss, she assumed it was because it was her first kiss. Riley you were so wrong. "Can I kiss you again?" Lucas whispered in her ear.

She didn't hesitate as her lips quickly found his and took the lead, practically begging for that feeling again. His fingers intertwined in her hair after caressing her jawline, their lips continued to move in sync while the brunette inched closer to his body. His hands wrapped around her waist, and she let out a small giggle. "God you're adorable." The quarterback laid her on her back and crashed his lips on hers again, you should stop this Riley. You should but you aren't going to because this feels amazing. She was almost counting on the fact that something would pull them out of the sensual euphoria she found herself in. "Damn it!" Saved by the bell.

Zay what do you want?

Whoa grumpy much?

Seriously dude, what do you need? I'm busy.