Closet Part 1.

For the second time today Riley got shoved into the metal lockers by some of Missy's fellow cheerleaders. And for the second time today she brushed it off and picked up all of her books off the floor. Except this time a familiar face leans down to help her. "Hey Riley." His voice was filled with, not necessarily pity but remorse?

Wow, he remembers my name.

"Hey Chris. Thank you."

He simply nodded and they both rose from the ground at the same time. "You're welcome. Does that happen often?"

The brunette cringed, it wasn't a huge secret she was becoming the butt of everyone's jokes again but it wasn't something she wanted everyone to see. "More often because of recent events."

"I'm sorry." Chris passed her the books and paper he had picked up. "I'll casually trip them some time or something."

The brown eyed girl released a laugh and finally lifted her gaze off the ground. "Thank you again for your help."

Right then Lucas waltzed around the corner and smiled. "Sorry princess, teacher wanted to talk to me about something." His lips pressed against her forehead and she felt dragon wings in her stomach. "Chris, hey man." The pair shook hands, "What are you doing here?"

Riley was about to plead with him to fabricate the truth but Chris spoke too soon. "Riley got shoved and I was helping pick up her stuff."

"Who was it?" His grip on her shoulder tightened.

And this ladies and gentleman was why you don't tell my boyfriend about minute things. "It was an accident." She craned her neck to look at him.

"Chris?" He questioned but his teammate was already gone.

"You don't believe me?" Riley questioned and put on her puppy dog eyes. "That hurts."

"I wish I could believe you sweetheart but you, you little minx have a way of hiding information from me when it comes to this stuff." Lucas flung his arm over her shoulder and began to walk her to class.

Minx? "You think I'm a minx?"

"I think you have minxy ways." He joked and stopped outside of her classroom. "Please be honest with me, that's all I ask is your honesty. Was the shove on accident or not?" Her lips separated but she couldn't get the words out, "If you don't answer I'll ask Chris. And I have ways to persuade-"

"No, it wasn't." Riley snapped and glanced at the ground. "But you can't threaten every single person in the school Mr. Friar." She whispered.

His brows furrowed from confusion. "Uh, yes I can." She giggled and threw her gaze to the floor. "You're a very strong woman Riley, don't let people walk all over you." She found herself staring into his eyes that reminded her of sparkling emeralds. "I know you can be sassy, you've done it with me several times. And I love that sassy side of you." Her cheeks turned a hue of red but she didn't dare turn away, he had her in a trance. His right arm slicked around her waist and his left hand caressed her soft ivory cheek. "Damn Riley you're so beautiful."

The warning bell rang and a smile approached her lips. "And you're going to be so late."

"I'll see you later princess." His lips connected with her forehead before sprinting down the hallway. Riley casually entered her next period class and took the last available seat in the far left hand corner. She didn't mind, her back was protected and she had a good view of everything around her.

The brunette had essentially resorted to her freshman year ways. Cautious and attentive. She was more than aware of which enemies were in her class now and how to avoid them at all costs. But she wasn't prepared for Chris to come down her aisle. He glanced at the boy who was sitting in front of her and simply said "move."