End of a Long Day.

Riley was sitting in the dimly lit booth beside Lucas now that they had finally made it to Chili's. "I thought," He pressed his lips against hers, cutting her off. "We were going," His tongue slid inside of her mouth causing her to gasp. "To talk about Texas."

"Later." The quarterback whispered against her lips.

"Lucas." The brunette lightly touched her hands to his chest and pushed away. Not that she didn't like it, she loved kissing him, but the aforementioned public display of affection to that extent was a little too much for her.

"Sorry baby girl. I just love kissing you." The green eyed man kissed her one more time before pulling away entirely. "You taste really good." His wink along with his words caused her to blush. Her gaze shifted to her knees as she straightened out her skirt. "I still can't believe you finally said yes."

The brown eyed girl giggle and rested her body into his shoulder. "Oh come on, surely you knew I'd say yes eventually."

The green eyed man scoffed, "Not really. I thought you were just going to tease me for the rest of your life."

"Nah, not life. You would have found someone different by then, just a few months." Riley joked and took a sip of her sweet tea.

"No one has caused any problems have they?"

Her brows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

Lucas lazily shrugged his shoulders. "Like Missy for example. I heard you put her in her place during second period."

"I don't know what's coming over me. I guess I'm just getting kind of tired of her always ragging on me, and why does she think you two should be together if you don't like her? I guess I don't understand how girls can be that catty or terrible in general to try to steal someone's guy away."

His lips touched her ear, "Say it again." The whispers sent chills down her body and she visibly shivered.

"What?"

"Say I'm your guy again."

He kissed her neck. "You're my guy." A deep growl erupted from the back of his throat.

"I love being your man." His whispers sent tingles down her body and she had to push him away again. "Push me away all you want but that doesn't change the fact I'm yours." The waitress came back to their table and snapped them out of their sexual daze. They had placed their order and Lucas had begun to talk about Texas again. About the baseball games and the football games he'd go to. How on the 4th of July he had to run through a minefield of fireworks and they started going off before he got out. The quarterback reminisced about his Grandma who would make chicken fried steak every time he'd come over to help out. The brunette loved to hear his stories but the fact he was so passionate about Texas was something else she truly enjoyed. "Who knows when I'll go back down there though, it's been a couple of years."

"Not even for summer vacation?" He just shook his head before kissing her temple. "Well, may I ask why?"

"I don't really know it's a sensitive subject for my mom so I don't really push it too much. She's the only family I have up here so I'd rather not piss her off." The quarterback laughed and thanked the waitress for their food before she sauntered away. "She wants to meet you."

"Your mom?" Riley instantly had butterflies in her stomach, "I-I n-never met someone's parents before. Besides Maya's."

"She already loves you." The brunette furrowed her brows and held a look of confusion. "You don't think I've talked to her about you? Of course I have, you drive me crazy Riley Matthews." Riley fumbled with a french fry, her cheeks felt hot and she was avoiding eye contact at all cost. "Plus she snatched a picture out of my hands of you looking breathtakingly gorgeous. Don't be nervous baby girl. We can postpone it as long as possible if you want, but she's noticed the change in me. She wants to meet the woman responsible."