Do You Have a Riding Lawnmower?

Chapter 45

"Shut up and listen to me."

Lucas furrowed his brows and crossed his arms over his chest, "Is there a reason you're being a big meanie?"

The blonde couldn't contain her laughter as it erupted throughout the room. She clutched her side in an effort to stop the pain, "Okay you have been hanging around Riley way too much. I need Lucas Friar who would pester her to the ends of the earth for them to be together." She tapped his forehead a few times, "You in there?"

He politely removed her hand and sighed, "Trust me when I say he never left. It is embedded into me, as if I was made specifically for her."

The blue eyed girl averted her gaze to the floor in an effort to conceal her blush that she was forming for her friend. "You really are a great guy Lucas, even after everything." He was about to reply when she placed a hand over his mouth. "Now this is where I get mean." Again Lucas' brows knit together in confusion but didn't even try to say anything. "What the hell?"

"Beg your pardon?"

"Why are you pushing her away when she clearly wants to be with you?"

The quarterback threw his hand up to get her to stop talking immediately, "I have not and will never push Riley away. I love her too damn much, I don't want the label to stress her out since that what caused all of this nonsense in the first place." Maya smiled sweetly and smacked him on the cheek. The green eyed man clenched his jaw in an effort to mask the sting he felt, and threw his gaze back towards his love's best friend. "Explain. Now."

The blonde smiled proudly, "There not being a label on you two is probably the thing stressing her out most right now." His anger dissipated quickly, "She needs you and you need her so pull your head out of your ass. If Chris the man who clearly has feelings for her is pushing Riley to you then-"

"Hold up!" He snapped, "What did you just say?"

The blue eyed girl tensed at his angered state but quickly reverted back to her nonchalant attitude, "I'm saying Chris is pushing you two to be together. Telling Riley to go get you, and to fight for you. If he is doing that and it's obvious he has feelings for her than that's saying something."

Red.

Lucas was seeing red. "Before you go all hulk on me, pay attention." She cupped his face in her hands, "I know you're mad but he is not making a move on Riley. In fact he wants you two to be together, so cool your jets. Secondly, do you remember when we all went to the movie? The one where me and Riley-"

"Raced to the theatre? Yes, now hurry up I have an ass to kick."

Maya gripped his tee shirt after letting the hold on his face go. "YOU WILL NOT!" Her sudden outburst caught him off guard but she continued before he could say anything, "Do you remember when she was talking about her dream?" That caught his attention, and all of his thoughts about Chris being alone with Riley in her apartment faded quickly. Maya instantly noticed his dark pupils fading back to their emerald green. "Ah, welcome back. Yes well, If you are interested I will be more than willing to divulge that little piece of information. You need her and she needs you. You keep her grounded, even more than I can, and this is my way of making it up to Riles for being such a biotch."

"Tell me."

"I will, but if you so much as glare at Chris, Riley won't forgive you. He's like her long lost brother, do I make myself explicitly clear?" Lucas nodded in agreement and ran his hands through his hair, "By the way I don't think he lied to you. I really think it all started because of his sister, please don't be mad at Chris, he's helped her a lot and you keeping him alive should be enough to pay him back for that."