Good Idea?

Lucas stroked Riley's tangled hair, she still hadn't woken up and he was just thanking God Riley was so organized. Josh had little issue filling out information now that he found her planner, everything was in there. Medical cards, her doctor's phone number, driver's license, there was a perk to being a nerd. The nurse came in with a needle, "alright I'm gonna need you to back up, I need to take her blood so we can run a few tests."

"I thought her blood pressure was low." Maya stated, "So shouldn't we leave that stuff in there?"

"It is low, but it is necessary. The doctor will come in and explain things to her brother in just a few moments." The quarterback stepped back and watched the nurse work, as soon as the needle touched her skin her eyes slowly opened.

"RILEY!" The blonde fell at her side, "look at me."

"Why?" She whispered.

"Because you hate what's about to happen." Her brown eyes moved to the right and saw the nurse with a needle.

"NO! NO! Please." Tears welled up in her eyes, Lucas sauntered to the other side of the bed, and held her face.

"Look at me gorgeous." No problem. Lucas, hello. Okay I'm worn out. The blue eyed girl gestured towards the nurse who started drawing a few vials to continue. "What happened beautiful?" His hands stroked her hair, caressed her cheek and really was trying to find anyway to touch her.

The brunette closed her eyes and tried to recall, "I just remember drinking some water and my headache got really bad all of a sudden and that's when I fainted." The nurse taped a piece of gauze to her arm and whispered something in her ear.

"Yes, I am." Riley furrowed her brows at her question and watched her move for the door.

"The doctor will be in, in about 15 minutes once the blood work is done in our lab."

The heavy wooden door shut and left them alone again, "I'm sorry everyone for making a scene. I didn't mean to faint upstairs."

"Oh peaches, you didn't just faint upstairs." Maya gestured towards her legs and there they were more bruises and some more battle scars on her arms. "You fainted and rolled down the stairs." I look like a freaking I don't even know. Something that is black and blue.

"Geez, I'm such an embarrassment." The green eyed man clutched her hand.

"You are not. You're sick, and we're going to figure out what's wrong with you and you'll get better." The quarterback whispered. Josh's phone rang and he put it on speaker.

Anything?
No, we just know her blood pressure is low and they took some blood to run a few tests.
We're trying to get there as soon as possible. Traffic is crazy in the city. Please honey keep us updated.
Of course mom. Love you bye.

Her brother hung up the phone, "do you need anything sis? You hungry, thirsty?" Both he and Lucas were trying to hide the fact that they were absolutely terrified when she passed out and then bounced down the stairs like a slinky.

"You know, she mentioned she felt better after dinner." Maya pointed out, "steak right?"

"Yeah, but I don't know if it was the steak. Besides you aren't going to find any here in the hospital cafeteria." Her eyelids fluttered again and she inhaled deeply, "why am I so worn out?"

There was a knock on the door, "good evening. Seems as if you've had quite a shock tonight." Riley smiled and it made Lucas' butterflies wake up for the first time since she fainted. "So you've had headaches, shortness of breath, fainting,-"

The quarterback interrupted, "and her heart was beating really fast earlier. I don't really know how fast it should've been beating, but not that quickly."