Empty Threats?

To say that yesterday was 'a long day' would be an understatement and it seemed as if today all eyes were still on them. Riley had decided to forget about the text message she received, just caddy girls who will get bored with themselves in a few days and it was obvious Lucas wanted her.

Whether or not they deserved each other didn't matter to her, because they wanted to be together. Though she'd be lying if she said it didn't bother her. The whole idea of not being good enough for him was a fear she had and a big reason why it took her so long to take the plunge to be with him. "You're still meeting Smackle tonight right?"

Mental note to face palm myself. "Yes, thank you for reminding me. At the diner?"

"Yes and she wants me to be there so you can bring Lucas if you want." Farkle offered with a smile, "I'd like to get to know your boyfriend a little better." Boyfriend? Oh that's right, I'm dating Lucas Friar. The Lucas Friar! I'm pretty fancy.

"Um maybe, I know he has practice after school since their game is tomorrow. What time are we meeting?"

He hurriedly pulled out his phone and sighed as he scanned through his messages. "Um, we're meeting at 6:30."

"Who's meeting at 6:30?" Lucas' arm swung over Riley's shoulder and her smile instantly grew. "Hey beautiful girl." Lucas caressed her cheek before crashing his lips against hers. She was reluctant to pull away, but Farkle was right beside them. This guy and his public displays of affection, he is not shy. You like that about him. So what if I do? Oh God, I'm arguing with myself.

"Um, I'm meeting Farkle's new girlfriend tonight. He's coming and wanted to know if you'd be interested."

"Of course, if you're there so am I. I have a meeting with one of my teacher's and then practice, but I should be done with everything by 6:15 give or take and I can meet you." After saying those perfect words he revealed his gorgeous teeth.

The brunette bounced on her heels and gave him a hug. "Thank you."

The quarterback wasted no time to envelope her in his arms. "You don't have to thank me princess." He whispered before setting her back down. Farkle waved them goodbye as he sauntered towards his first period, fashionably early, the bell hadn't even rang yet.

"Princess? What happened to baby girl?"

He grinned, "I guess you could say I'm trying out different names till I find one that suits you. It's a tie right now." The brunette relinquished a laugh at how sappy he sounded. "I'll call you whatever you want. But, to me you're a princess. My princess." Riley broke her gaze and glanced towards the ground with red cheeks, flaming from his words. What is my deal? I never used to get this nervous around him. Get your stuff together Riles! Remember, I'm the girl who made him chase me. But, he's so cute. Yeah, I'm right. Continue to be shy. Alright, now I'm going insane.

"So were you interested in the dance on Saturday?" He questioned.

"No." Riley replied with haste before giggling. Lucas laughed along with her and waited for a reason. "I just have no desire to go to this dance. I'll go to homecoming, and proms but if I can avoid-"She cut herself off. If I can, I avoid Missy at all cost and Lord knows she'll be flaunting herself all over the damn place. "Just no. I'd rather have you to myself."

His confused face morphed into adoration as he kissed her again. "Whatever you want, I don't like to share anyways." Typical only child. The green eyed man shifted his gaze to the fellow students around them and straightened up his bag resting on his broad shoulders. "Everyone carry on, ain't nothing to see here!" He stated with a smile but his tone was basically saying get the hell out of here. "I know you don't like all eyes on us." Aren't you just a perfect gentleman? You are so unbelievably attractive.