You're Still Protecting Me.

Lucas moved towards the kitchen table and sat in his normal spot before rubbing his eyes. They were incredibly tired and sore, it felt like sand paper every time he blinked. Cory studied him from afar and waited until his daughter's bedroom door closed before speaking. "Lucas, are you okay?"

"No sir. I'm not at all okay." There was no hesitation as he started to cry again, "The entire school is looking at Riley as if she's a piece of meat and it has taken everything in my power to not tear their heads off. She's utterly humiliated and if that wasn't enough to tear me apart because she's so sad, she broke up with me."

Mr. Matthews stood up and reached into the fridge. "Take a couple gulps, it'll help calm you down."

The quarterback did as instructed and dried his face in the process. "Thanks."

"Now, I want you to answer me honestly." The sudden change in his tone brought the green eyed man back to reality. "Did you know someone was harassing Riley through text messages?"

"WHAT!?"

He sat down with a heavy sigh. "I'll take that as a no."

His fists immediately clenched. "Who? What did they say?"

As if on cue Topanga waltzed into the apartment with a file folder. "I got them." Lucas had never seen Mrs. Matthews so angry before. The normal loveable smile was no more and was replaced by an evil scowl. "I told you we should've done this a long time ago." She slammed the folder down and heaved herself into the chair.

"I know honey." His hand rested on hers, "I shouldn't have listened to her. I made a mistake and I can't apologize enough to her." Lucas cleared his throat to pull them out of their heart to heart. Not like it wasn't a nice moment but, someone was harassing his princess. "Sorry Mr. Friar." The green folder was slid across the table and in the quarterbacks grasp. "Read them."

His green eyes traced the papers as he opened the folder.

Worthless...

Slut...

Nothing...

Lucas deserves more...

Pathetic piece of trash...

Topanga watched as his face slowly turned red. "Who?" He growled.

"Well, I'm currently obtaining a warrant for that information. We're pressing charges for harassment. I can't wait to get my hands on that freaking principal." Her hands slammed against the table, "I'm going to tear him limb from limb. I'm going to check on her." The chair practically flew backwards across the hardwood as she stormed down the hall.

His emerald eyes were no longer recognizable, they were consumed by rage. "Don't mind her, that's lawyer Topanga. She's a shark when she wants to be." They sat in silence as Lucas thought of ways to ruin Missy. He couldn't hit her, he would never. His normal reactions had rendered him useless. "I just wanted to confirm with you that everything Missy has done this year has been reported to Ms. Davenport correct?"

His mind started running through the past few months they had known each other and been together. "I mean there were occasional verbal arguments that happened before we started dating. And then the rumor that I was paying her to—"

"To what?"

He inhaled trying to remain calm. "To date me and sleep with her. Which is completely and utterly untrue. We have never—"

"Trust me Lucas, I know my daughter. I also know you shouldn't have gone after her today."

The quarterback furrowed his brows. "I guess I don't understand. That is absolutely what I should have done."