SIX

I laid in bed, in Jacob's arms, watching the notebook. I had an open two litter of coke next to me with and an open package of Hersey's Chocolate. I eventfully fell asleep in his arms.

I woke up again, my head pounding. It was Sunday. Jake was gone. And I was still on my period. And sick. One word echoed in the back of my head. School. I moaned and rolled out of bed. "Dad!" I screamed from the second floor. He ran to the bottom of the stairs worried. "Britt, don't scare me like that." He gasped.
"Sorry," I apologized. "It's okay. What is it baby?" He asked. "Pop tarts." Was the only thing I said. He reappeared at the bottom of the steps again with a non-opened box of blueberry pop tarts. He tossed the box up to me and I caught it. I blew himself kiss and skipped back up to my room.

I woke up again to see it was only 3:30 in the morning. I fell asleep watching Pretty Little Liars season three over again. I pulled back the blankets so I could get some more advil. My stomach churned a little more with each step I took. I made it to my bathroom in time though. I ran to the toilet, throwing up violently. I sat up, my legs shaking.
   I leaned up against the wall of the bathroom for support. I ran my finger through my hair and made my way back to bed. I laid down with my arms wrapped around my stomach. I stared at the ceiling drifting off into space.

My alarm went off snapping me back into reality. I rolled out of bed and got ready for school. After I felt descent I made my way downstairs. I skipped breakfast this morning, since I had to leave early if I wanted to leave before Rosalie got here to drive me.
I sped walks to school to get there faster. The Cullen's were all standing around their cars. I avoided their gaze the whole day afraid I would break down into tears. I knew I was causing them trouble with my blood and Edward knew I felt that way along with Jasper thanks to their stupid powers.
I stood over by Bella's truck because I had a question for her at the end of the day. She was walking over to me while the Cullen's were across the lot and their cars. I heard tires squealing across the ice as I turned my head in that direction. "Bella!" I shouted.
I felt the wind from Edward running over here. Crap-turds. I thought to myself. Edward scooped Bella up and out of the way just as the van ran over my leg and I went flying backwards hitting my head on the curb, it cracking open.
Edward tossed Bella in the grass and ran over picking me up disappearing in the woods with me. He ran me to the hospital while the Cullen's drove to the hospital. We snuck in the back where Carlisle was waiting for us. "I'm tired," I whispered as Edward shifted me into Carlisle's arms. "It's okay. Go to sleep," Carlisle told me. And then everything went black.

Carlisle's POV

I stitched Brittly up and put her leg in a brace since she dislocated her ankle. I did a quick scan over her to make sure everything was okay, but it wasn't. Edward started cussing after he read my mind. The machine beeped signaling that it found the tumor. Damn brain tumor. It already spread.
Six months. We have six months.