Chapter 41

Here's Chapter 41!

Previously in Chapter 39:

But, just then, the door slams open. We all turn our attention to the sound of someone crashing to the floor. What I see causes a jolt of shock to shudder throughout my body. My eyes open wide, and my heart just about stops. I drop my staff.

There before us on the floor is Anna Arendelle, dressed in the same fancy clothing she had been wearing the night she was turned to ice. She looks up, breathing heavily.

"I...I know how...I know how to save Elsa."
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Jack's POV
*•*•*•*•*•*

So many thoughts and emotions run through me at once: shock, disbelief, ecstasy, relief, excitement, and more fill my senses and mind. All I can do is stare at Anna Arendelle, sprawled on the floor below me, dressed in her fancy Winter Formal dress, alive, warm, moving, breathing.

"Anna..." I say in awe, my mouth gaped open, barely articulate,"How...?"

"I'll explain everything." She says, that same determination I have come to know apparent and plainly displayed in her eyes. She tries to push herself up, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration, but she falls immediately back down with a small "Oof!"

I snap back into reality, blinking quickly as I pull myself out of my stupor. How can I be so stupid and careless!  She's just been unfrozen, somehow, and is obviously weak. I should have already helped to bring her to her feet. I lunge forward to provide her assistance, but before I can, Kristoff is there, wrapping his arms around her carefully, protectively, obviously wary of the state she is in. Using his strong arms, he lifts her up and holds her tight against his chest in a way that conveys all of the fear and depression he felt while she was frozen, dead, gone, and everything he feels now. He never wants to let her go, he wants to keep her safe, and he feels that the best place to do that is in his arms. His eyes are wide with shock, and I can see his hands shake slightly as he holds her close.

Anna blinks wearily, slowly raising her face to his,"Kr...Kristoff?" She says weakly.

He smiles softly, reaching his hand over to brush her fiery hair out of her face,"You're back. I-I can't believe it..." His voice catches and his eyes brighten. Whether it is with tears or pure happiness, I can't tell. Probably both.

The smile on my face falters however at the sight and my gut twinges with longing and guilt.

Elsa...

I shake my head quickly in order to get rid of the pain I am feeling. No; I can't get rid of it, at least not all the way. But I can put it at bay so that I can focus on this, focus on what's right in front of me. When the time is right, I will focus on Elsa, on rescuing her. But right now, Anna and whatever information she may have is my current priority.

I'm about to open my mouth to instruct Kristoff to carefully move Anna to Elsa's bed when Punzie suddenly comes out of no where. Kristoff steps back just in time as she nearly tackles Anna with a hug. I raise my hand up and almost have to tell her to be careful before realizing that there is no need. Anna seems unaffected as she embraces Punzie back, burying her face in Punzie's short hair and whispering things that don't reach my ears as her cousin cries joyfully.

It doesn't take long for the others to follow suit. Olaf is next, running up and squeezing her tightly as he rambles on crazily about how much he missed giving her his "warm hugs." Hiccup and Toothless come up to embrace her next and the rest follow until I'm the only one left. Everyone watches me in anticipation, but all I can do is stand there and stare in awe, still unable to quite comprehend the situation before me.