Chapter 30

Jack's POV

**********

Her words hurt me, and a wave of surprise and confusion hits me. Where would these thoughts even come from from? I know that right now, there is too much going on for her to tell me why, and I know that she won't tell me now, so I just nod and say,"Of course, I-," I pause, taking a deep breath,"Ya, I promise."

Most of the stress and worry that she had had moments before vanishes when she hears my words. She nods, sighs, and leans back on her propped pillows. Then, she thinks better of it and sits up, hugging me tight. I can feel her arms shaking as she holds me. I wrap my arms around her, and I stroke her hair that is now out of its braid. "Thank you so much Jack." She says. She pulls away from me and kisses me, on the lips. After a few moments, she pulls away, and I can see tears shining in her eyes,"I-I killed Anna."

I shake my head,"No, you didn't. There was nothing you could do about it." I say.

"Yes, I did. I shot the ice that killed her. I did it all."

I shake my head again,"Elsa, I know that this may sound crazy, but I think that Pitch was the one who caused you to do that."

Her eyes narrow as she mutters,"I don't think that that is crazy."

My eyes widen,"What do you-"

We are interrupted when the door opens once again. Hiccup stands there,"So. You lovebirds done in there?"

I role my eyes,"Come in." I guess I'll just have to talk to Elsa later.

Our friends walk on in, sitting down on the floor or on the bed. I look to see Elsa snatching up a bag of BBQ chips and four Oreos out of the box,"Hungry?" I ask.

She glares at me as I smirk, and keeps on eating. Her frivolity is soon lost as she remembers the recent events,"Anna..." She says quietly.

"Elsa, we-we think that there is a way to save her. Bring her back, I mean," says Toothless.

She looks up, eyes expectant,"What? How?"

"We don't know how, just that there is a way." Astrid replies.

Elsa nods,"Ya, I know that too. I remember that this happened before-" she sneaks a small glance at me, and I immediately know that I was there. I just don't remember-" So I must have saved Anna somehow. I just don't quite remember. And, guys, there's something I have to tell you."

"What?" Asks Merida.

"I saw Pitch. He was there. At the party. He took me back through time, and showed me some memories."

I stand up quickly, my fists clenched,"Did he hurt you?" I ask.

She shakes her head,"No. I-I really don't know why he took me to see my memories."

She avoids my gaze. She must be hiding something. I'll have to ask her later.

"I knew it!" I say, sitting down,"He must have been the reason for what happened tonight."

Elsa nods,"Ya. I hope so."

The door opens, and Esmerelda, the girls dorm's RA, walks into the room,"Elsa!" She exclaims, rushing to the bed,"Are you ok?" This time, more quietly and sincerely, she says,"I am so, so sorry."

I can see that Elsa is still not taking what happened to her sister well,"Thanks," she says quietly, blinking quickly.

Esmerelda stands and faces all of us,"You all should be getting rest. All classes will be cancelled until further notice." We all nod,"I know that there is no way that you boys will go back to your rooms. You can stay here, if you'd like."

I internally sigh as I nod. Hiccup looks happy too.

Esmerelda leaves as Merida stands,"I guess I'll..." She trails off,"Go back to my room."

Astrid stands, hand in hand with Hiccup,"We'll come with you."

A huge smile spreads across Merida's face,"Thank you so much," she says, and the five of them (Astrid, Hiccup, Merida, Merida, and Toothless) walk out.

Punzie turns out the lights,"Well, good night Jack. You can stay here." She says.

"Thanks," I say, and move to lay down on the floor. A cold hand grabs mine, and I turn to see Elsa, eyes sad and desperate,"Jack, can you, sleep with me tonight? Please?"

"Sure," I say, cuddling in the bed with her. I turn out the lights,"Good night, snowflake." I say.

But she is already asleep.

<>~>~>~>~>~><><><><

Plz comment and vote!

Ren