Chapter Six - Kiss

The next day I return to school. The messages had been coming overnight but I wasn't about to let them bother me. Who ever it was couldn't hide for ever. I tried to forget about Tyler and his antics yesterday, I know bullshit when I hear it.

Tyler is not to be trusted and even if I thought he could be for a second, I wouldn't let myself. I walk toward Amber who's waiting by my locker. Her face changes when she sees me, to a look of confusion.

"Bonnie?" Amber says quietly.

That's not what I expected. I expected Amber to be really mad, about the text I never answered and my mysterious disappearance  yesterday.

"Amber I'm so sorry, I just had a couple of rough days and I wasn't  thinking straight and..."

"It's okay I get it, you don't exactly trust Aiden and that's okay. But we have bigger problems right now." She says reassuringly, that is until the end part.

"Bigger problems?" How can anything possibly get any worse.

"Chloe."

The one word, that one name was enough to make me want to barf. Chloe Walsh is that one girl in the school that thinks she's the most popular and thinks the sun shines out of her arse. When actual fact is she's just a bitch, in my opinion and Amber's anyway. To be honest I forgot about her over summer break, and she was on a cruise and would be back late. So I heard anyway, but still not late enough.

"Incoming." Amber says in a sad voice.

"Well hello snot face and ranga." Chloe laughs.

"Snot face? That's a newer crappier one than usual." I say nonchalantly.

She's one of the cheerleaders I mentioned earlier. At that moment I see Tyler fifty meters down the corridor, he looks up and sees me holding my gaze for a moment. I can see something unfamiliar on his face, no it couldn't be. People like Tyler didn't just change over night.

"Snot face I'm talking to you!" I snap out of my trance as Chloe snaps her fingers close to my face. "Keep your eyes off my man." She storms away toward Tyler.

"Her man? She must be dreaming, there's no way in hell Tyler would go out with that demon of a person." Amber says grabbing my hand and dragging my involuntary body down towards Tyler and Aiden.

Amber grabs Aiden by the arm abandoning me, Chloe glares in my direction pure hatred laced her eyes.

"Tyler you and I should date." Chloe states, "We will be the most popular couple."

"There's one problem with that," Tyler answers.

"What?!" Chloe looks desperately back at him.

Tyler reaches out and pulls me against him and I gasp, what is he doing? "Bonnie is already my girlfriend."

Chloe's jaw drops, her face reddens and she looks like she might cry. I feel satisfied but mostly uncomfortable being this close to Tyler. I can feel the heat of his body and his breath on my neck.

"Prove it." Chloe narrows her eyes and glares at me expectantly.

"Fine." Tyler says. Before I can do anything he spins me round to face him and kisses me. There's nothing forced or fake about it, to my confusion. It's like he's wanted to do this for a long time or he'd done it a thousand times before.

Chloe says nothing and walks away dragging her feet. I laugh. Why am I laughing? I should be slapping Tyler across the face but I'm too busy laughing about Chloe's reaction. Amber and Aiden are laughing too, Tyler is frowning at the three of us. Amber hugs me hard and we continue to laugh, Tyler laughs. Tyler is laughing and for the first time it's not at me. I realise my face is hot, and my palms are sweaty.

"Aww she's blushing!" Amber half squeals. "Oh my god you two are cute together.

I look up at Tyler he's smirking, I smile back. The bell echoes and I know math awaits me but for the first time in my life I don't want to go. Maybe Tyler has something to do with it.

~~~~~

Tyler's POV

I watch Bonnie walk off with Amber. I've watched her walk away like this many times before, but this time is different. I don't want her to leave and this time I know I haven't made her cry from being a horrible person.

To be honest I'm lucky she didn't kick me in the balls or something. I probably would have deserved it anyway, I have been a big dickhead to her.

Aiden jabs me in the ribs with his elbow, he has a grin ear to ear. "Knew you'd get her." He says.

"Haven't got her yet." I answer.

"Bonnie's that type of girl, she forgives people."

"Like she forgave you." I answer sarcastically.

"Least she tolerates me now." Aiden pouts.

"She's coming over tonight to tutor me for legal. At least I think she is, that is unless she hates me more."

"Not possible she's totally into you, she was blushing when you kissed her."

Aiden has a point there, she did look pretty red when I pulled back from her. There was something else on her face it looked like guilt, but why? What would she be guilty about?

I've spent at least two years tormenting her on a daily bases, and still she seems okay about it. I heard her talking to Amber about me I think. She'd said her mum told her that boys are mean to girls because they like them. That wasn't too far from the truth, I just hadn't realised that I liked her until now. I wonder what she actually thinks of me? But then again I'm not sure whether I want to know, or whether I could handle it if she hated me.

I wouldn't blame her if she did.