Chapter Twelve - Past Demons

Bonnie's POV

When I wake up the next morning I had forgotten all about how Tyler got home, it occurred to me that I didn't know how or when.

Anna comes in and hands me a coffee, how sweet I take a sip but it's cold, nothing I'm not used to.

"How is it Bon."

"It's great you make the best coffee Anna banana."

She smiles ear to ear and runs off somewhere, typical kids they don't have a care in the world, their lucky. I pull my phone out and dial Tyler.

"Hey it's Tyler, leave a message."

We even have the same voicemail message.

"Hey Ty just wondering how and when you got home give me a call." I end the call and check the time. 10:15. Oh shit I'm late for school and Anna's late for school, I overslept.

Once I finally get to school, I'm just in time for legal studies but Tyler is nowhere to be seen. Aiden's at the back all alone, but he brightens when he sees me.

"Hey."

"Hey." I answer as I sit down.

"Have you seen Tyler?" He asks.

"I was going to ask you the same question."

"So you haven't?"

"Not since last night."

"What do you mean last night?" He smirks, "Did you guys..."

"Aiden! Gross." Why would he even think that Tyler and I did stuff like that, better yet why would he ask?

"I just thought you'd know where he is, he hasn't answered his phone when I call."

Mr Monelly walks in holding a large cup of coffee. "Aiden where's Hanson?" He asks.

"Don't know Sir." Aiden answers.

"Miss Stevenson?"

"Sorry sir, I'm not sure." I answer, it puzzles me as to why he asked me, what makes him think I know where Tyler is.

I pull out my phone to text Amber, maybe she saw him. The returning text suggests otherwise she doesn't know where he is either.

"I thought you hated him." She sends back

I ignore that, this conversation can wait, but where the hell is Tyler?

~~~~~~

Tyler's POV

I walk into the cafe, I didn't sleep last night worrying about this meeting today. I don't know what to expect, or what he will demand of me.

"Tyler we meet again."

"Come on dude what do you want?"

"Revenge."

Enough with the bullshit, Dane Radley was my best friend at my old school. Things went bad when his girl was into me and I let her. She kissed me Dane saw it and he's hated me ever since. He says I stole his girl, but she loved me how's that my fault?

"Dane, I didn't steal your girl she was into me."

"Don't lie Tyler, you were into her too." He raises his voice.

"What do I have to do to get you to leave Bonnie alone."

"Nothing I'm going to take her from you, just like you did to me. If you get in my way things will get messy." He storms out of the café.

All this because that girl wanted us both, her name was Ashley, I don't even remember her last name. That shows how important she was to me, what she was, was selfish. Her selfishness ruined Dane's and my friendship, it got so bitter I moved schools. That's when I met Aiden, I knew he had a thing for Amber so I stayed away from her. I know now that it is Dane who is following Bonnie around, and he's not going to stop.

There was my reason for avoiding Bonnie for so long, I knew the day she first saw me that she liked me. So I made an ass of myself to turn her off and it worked. Well it worked until I realised that I was, in fact, in love with her.

I order a double shot latte, I'm going to need it to tell Bonnie everything, maybe I even need bourbon to tell her.

She's probably already wondering where I am, I missed legal to talk to Dane and archived nothing anyway. My phone rings it's Aiden.

"Tyler where were you this morning?" His voice sounds distant.

"Had some stuff to deal with. Hey is Bonnie ok?" I answer.

"She's worried about you, oh and her parents got worse overnight."

I feel like someone is crushing my heart, their not my parents but if they were I don't know what I'd do. Bonnie seems to be coping alright but I don't know how long for. If I find out that Dane is responsible for this I will rip out his spleen and shove it down his throat.

"Tyler?"

"Yeah man I'm still here."

"Are you coming to school?"

"On my way." I hang up.

I wander out of the café not really sure how I'm going to explain this away. I never told anyone anything about my past when I moved to Hunting's High, not even Aiden. I call him my best friend but he really doesn't know anything about me. I pull into the car park, Bonnie is leaning against the hood of her hatchback with her arms crossed.

"Hey Bon-"

"Why weren't you on my couch this morning?!" She looks agitated.

"Ahh."

"You walked home in the middle of the night, anything could have happened to you." She shakes her head and looks away from me.

"I'm sorry, really I didn't want to impose."

"Where were you this morning? You had me thinking that something had happened to you last night. And that it was all my fault..."

I pull her into a hug, honestly I'm shit at the whole showing affection thing. Her hands clutch onto my jacket and I kiss the top of her head.

"I'll tell you everything, but we need to be alone with plenty of time ok?"

She nods and tears well in her eyes, "Mum and Dad got worse." She splutters surrendering to the tears.

"Their gonna be ok, I promise."

I squeeze her tightly, and over her shoulder I see Aiden and Amber watching us. They have the same worried look that I know is on my face.

What if this is all my fault? What if I'm making her life worse by being around her? No I refuse to leave her even if I am the problem, there's no way in hell Dane is going to get anywhere near her.