Chapter Thirteen - Game On Dane

Bonnie's POV

Tyler takes me to the spot down by the lake, I'm a little scared about what he has to say. Believe it or not I actually love him back, this isn't one of those forced relationships.

The look on his face has worried me for the whole drive out here. It's like he knows he has to tell me something but he's afraid of how I'll react. We both sit on the bench under the willow tree but only silence follows.

"Ty whatever it is-"

"I'm going to tell you but I'm trying to figure out where to start." His voice sounds strained and uncomfortable.

"The beginning will be ok." I say smiling with a flirtatious wink.

"This is serious Bon."

"OK help me understand."

"You never once wondered what my deal was when I moved to Hunting's?"

"Not really."

"I had a falling out with my best friend Dane at my old school. It involved a girl who was selfish, Ashley. Dane asked her out she said yes, so they dated. But she wanted us both, she kissed me and I let her but Dane saw and..." He trails off distantly.

"Ty you don't have to tell me all this."

"I do because it involves you."

"Me? How?"

"Dane hasn't let it go he's here. He's also the one stalking you and calling you."

"Why? I don't even know him."

"Revenge, on me. He hates me no matter what I say, he's not forgiving me, ever." He looks away from me and stares out onto the lake.

I reach for his arm and lean on his shoulder. Dane. Never could have seen this bombshell coming. I know I need to say something for Tyler's sake, but what?

"Ty where were you this morning?"

"The café where you work talking to Dane. He said he'd take you from me even if you refused."

"Well then I'll just have to make him hate me."

His eyes widen in shock, "That will never work."

"Why?" I frown.

"Because it's impossible to hate you." He squeezes my shoulders, "Besides I got you into this shit now I'm gonna get you out."

"No we're going to get out together."

"You remember Amber talking about some guy at school. He was asking her about you." He asks.

"Oh yeah was that... That was Dane wasn't it?"

"Yeah he even knows where you live, he was outside your house last night when I was leaving."

"God this is heavy."

"I can stick around at your place of you want, I mean while ever your parents aren't there." He awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.