Chapter Thirty Three - No Regrets

Bonnie's POV
Tyler and I walk into the already packed gym. Loud music thuds and people are packed together on the dance floor. The roof of the gym is covered with fairy lights that light the whole room, there's sheets of white fabric decorating the walls. The sheets are all frilly, the grade twelves have been busy.

It's a mixed dance for our year and the seniors that have just graduated. Along the east wall is a table piled with cakes, biscuits, lollies and chips. A big punch bowl stands alone at the end, I wonder if it's been spiked yet?

Ellie and Chloe force their way through the crowd to meet Tyler and I. They both didn't want a date so they came together as friends.

"Hey!" Ellie shouts over the thudding bear of the music.

"Hey!" Tyler and I yell back at the same time.

"Have you seen Amber or Aiden yet?" I shout, it's so loud in here.

Then a song I recognise comes on and people start dancing, I smile at Tyler and he takes my hand. We join the group on the dance floor with Ellie and Chloe not far behind us.

'Like a G6' by Far East Movement blares loud and we all dance. Somewhere near the middle of the song Amber and Aiden join us. Amber's dress makes me wonder how she never fails to look perfect.

The song that comes on next is slower, people start to partner up. The slow dance begins and Tyler pulls me closer to him, I lay me head on his shoulder and put both my arms around his neck. We sway slowly and neither of us says a word for a long time.

I look over at Aiden and Amber dancing the same as we are. Tyler and Aiden exchange a glance and then they both lead us out of the gym. Tyler starts running through the cars with my hand still in his. I'm running in heels! I haven't fallen over yet! Amber and Aiden are beside us as we arrive at Tyler's car. 'Shut up and Dance' by Walk the Moon blares as Tyler starts the car.

"Where are we going?" Amber asks.

"Somewhere a little more quiet and private." Tyler says as we pull out of the lot at Huntings High.
I recognise the little secluded road that leads to the willow tree and seat by the lake.

We get out and are greeted by the moon's reflection on the lake, and the fresh night air. Tyler sets the music going from his car and the four of us sit on the bank and look over the water.

"No regrets." Tyler says pulling me into a hug.

"No regrets." Amber, Aiden and I say in unison.

"You guys ready to do it all again next year?" Aiden says looking at Tyler and I, "Because Amber and I are."

"I'd do it all again right now if I had to." I say and Tyler kisses my forehead.

"We can get through this together." Amber says, smiling.

"Because if we got through this year we can get through anything."

I see Aiden and Tyler smirking at each other and then they both go in for the kiss. Our lips meet in a fiery passion, full of love and the heartache we would suffer without each other. Amber and Aiden are locked in a similar kiss. We all fall back and lie on the grass staring up at the stars, I wouldn't change a thing.

So yeah I guess I started telling you guys about me, Bonnie Stevenson. A girl that cared about school to a point that it was antisocial. I hated Tyler Hanson more than I hated pickles, and I was just a girl holding on so tight to my dreams that I was blind to my surroundings. But now, I'm in love with Tyler because my best friend Amber, made me see who he really was.

No regrets.