Regression To The Mean

Staring at the sky, thunder rumbled across beacon hills. I was on the hood of Stiles' jeep with Scott next to me who was staring at the full moon. "Alright so I found some cool two bedrooms in admission district but there're pretty expensive, couple in Hastingbury also expensive."

"What about Berkeley?" Scott asked "Don't student still live around there?"

"Yeah, we could try Nob Hill but the jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches." He said but I focused on the moon feeling the pull stronger over the past six months. Cammi told me that the more powerful I get by the day the more I would feel the moons pull to use my power.

"Your bringing the jeep?" Scott asked surprised.

"You know the plan. No one, no one gets left behind that's the plan. Lydia's not gonna have a problem getting into Stanford. Kira's thinking USF Malia's gonna, you know, she'll figure something out. The plan is perfect." I smiled at stiles unable to help it.

"Or you could wait until you actually get into college and then figure out where to live." I stated as Scott smiled at me. We've gotten closer Scott and I almost like brother sister. I have started working at the vet clinic as part of an instinct to heal the animals because the original La Loba was a healer.

"I have a vision, dude ok, and it's a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision." We both sighed before I stared up into the sky once more feeling at peace. "Ok we can check out the east bay, we haven't looked at Oakland yet."

Thunder rumbled and the lighting flashed as the moon was revealed by the clouds. "You ok? You starting to feel it?" Stiles asked and I turned to see the look on Scott's face.

"Nah just thinking." He said.

"About what?" My white jeans kept my legs warm as my black and white stripped shirt with 'Live Laugh Love' printed on it fluttered in the wind. My denim jacket was warm as the breeze tangled my now short black hair, which was just below my shoulders. After Mexico I felt like a change and cut my long hair and it started to turn black like Cammi's and she won't tell me why.

"Senior year," he answered.

"Senior year that's, come on that's nothing. That's gonna be easy." Stiles said.

"It's more like something Deaton told me once," now I turned to him, crossing my legs at my the ankles of my black leather boots. "You ever here of regression to the mean?"

"No I don't think so," stiles said.

"I have," I said my mind drifting to the memory. "It's like it's basically his way of saying that life can never be all bad or all good. Eventually things have to come back to the middle." Scott nodded his head while stiles stared, absorbing that information.

"Think about the last few months, things have been good right not amazing." I smiled at how close Liam and I have come. We've been on dates and shared kisses, played sports and when my relatives came up he got on so well with them.

"Yeah but no ones tried to kill us either." Stiles said.

"Right but been pretty much in the middle for a while which means at some point the scale has to tip one way or another. Things are gonna get really good again-."

"Or really bad," both stiles and I said as thunder and lighting cracked over head. "Think it's been long enough?" Stiles asked.

"Yes!" As we all turned to where Liam was chained to a tree with a look on his face that made me laugh.

"Hey trying to have an adult conversation over here," stiles said while I laughed as my boyfriend shook his head.

"Alright your two years older than me and I'm fine just let me go." Turning to the two seniors I spoke with a smile.