All I Need

~~Ashley's POV~~

As soon as the door to the alphas house opened I jumped from Bens arms to my daughters doll like form. "What happened? Oh my baby, what happened?" I asked Hayden as I pulled her from Theo's hold into my own.

"They experimented on her," she says and I stare at her with sadness. "I didn't know what she was doing until it was to late, but she took my pain and started throwing up the black liquid they were injecting into her." I nod my head.

"Ben, we have to go or else she'll die." I said seeing the scales behind my eye lids every time I blink. Ben takes our daughter from me as we hurry from the house without another word and into the car.

We drove all the way home and hurried into the basement where we stored all stuff supernatural. "Ashley, you can't do this by yourself you know what will happen." Ben said as he lays our pale daughter on the wooden table, black liquid falling from the corners of her mouth, eyes, ears and nose.

"Cammi won't make it back in time and if I don't she will die. Better me than her." I pulled a brown leather bound book from a chest and flipped to the back of the book before landing on the page I needed. I gathered the herbs and followed every step until all that was left was my voice.

Ben turned me around to face him before cupping my cheeks in his hand and kissing me. Even though he had aged from the first time I saw him, his hair had lightened and had flecks of grey appearing, his love and safety never aged or wavered. "I love you Ashley and this isn't goodbye." I smiled and touched his cheek with my smaller hand.

"I know, it's only a knew chapter of our lives." He pulled away and stepped back as I turned to my dying daughter. "I love you honey, my baby." With that I took a breath and began to sing the language of healing and death.

~~Phoebe's POV~~

Dreaming is weird when you think your dead, because when you wake up you still think your dreaming. So when I woke up and saw the ceiling of my families basement I thought it was another dream. Groaning I rolled my head to the side only to have a flower fall from my hair.

Lifting my arm felt like lifting a truck. Picking it up I studied it. African violet, used for healing. Healing? Suddenly I remembered everything, the dread doctors, me and Hayden stuck in the cage, my mothers voice.

"I love you honey, my baby." Sitting up I found I was on the table used for discussing our plans of attack, only it was surrounded by purple African violets and herbs. Looking around I saw a book open that I've never seen before. Moving was worse than ever, it felt like my insides were concrete.

Reading the book I realized what had happened. "Mum! Dad!" Forgetting about the pain, about my shattered heart I bolted for the door and searched the whole house until I found them both out side on the deck. Sitting side by side and holding hands. I opened the glass sliding door and dad turned to face me.

"Phoebe? What are you doing up?" I had tears in my eyes and held out the book. Nothing passed over his face as he moved closer to mum. "Please, you don't want to see this Phoebe."

"Phoebe? Is that you?" Mum asked, only it wasn't her voice. "Ben, let me see my daughter before I go." Dad kissed her one last time on the cheek before letting go of her hands and moving away. I slowly stepped forward and held back a gasp because in front of me was my mother aged by about forty years.