Death

~~Hayden's POV~~

"It's not working is it?" Liam asked. I was on the table used for treating pets with a needle in my hand trying to draw out the metal in my body from the dread doctors. I was cold and sweating and gripped Melissa's hand when she came to my side.

"Hayden?" She asked.

"Call Val, my sister. Valery," I said in a whisper.

"She's a deputy."

"I think I might know where she is," Scott said coming in. "Theo just texted me about the high school said there's cops everywhere, might be another chimera." Turning to him a stared.

"My sister, I don't want to die without my sister."

"I'll get her." Reaching out with my other hand a caught his stopping him.

"Phoebe," he seemed to freeze in place. "I need her here too." I remembered a story she told me while we were trapped. 'Why haven't you told them about being supernatural?' I asked and she smiled at me. Her hazel eyes always sparkling and her black hair dark as the night, no wonder liam dated her but I still don't know why he broke up with her.

'Cammi, my ancestor told me that people would trap her and torture her by killing her family and the animals. She can heal everything emotionally and physically and when she sings it's like music that travels to the underworld. If she wishes it she can bring people back from the dead. However she keeps balance of the dead and living, if someone comes back from the dead a price needs to be made.' I stare at her as I gripped my side.

'Why are you here? Why did you sedate liam and help me?' I ask and her smile fades and so does the spark in her eyes.

'Even after shattering my heart I still couldn't bare the though of harm coming to him. I told you to run and you could've gotten away if you kept running but you didn't. I envy you Hayden," this surprised me. 'People don't see you and think death or werejaguar. They don't walk in the other direction, they see you and smile, they see you and have a joke with you. While they look at me and if they knew what I am, they would forget about all the healing and think about Kate argent and berserkers.'

She is so strong and yet so fragile. Taking her hand I squeezed it. 'I promise I won't ever do that to you Pheebs.'

Coming out of the memory I realised I did something far worse than break a promise. I took away her first love and shattered her already broken one. "Phoebe," I whispered "Phoebe I'm sorry."

~~Phoebe's POV~~

"Phoebe, Phoebe I'm sorry." I heard Hayden say and I jerked awake. Sitting up I felt my power serge and Hayden in pain. Jumping out of the spare bed in masons house I ran to Mason's bedroom and knocked on his door.

"Mason! Get up now!" He opens his door and was fully dressed. "Hayden's in trouble we need to go now." I said and went back to my spare room and pulled on a pair of dry black combats boots that Mason got from my house last night as well as the clothes.

"How do you know that and what about what Scott said?" I turned to him and left my hair down, it wasn't to messy and pulled on a leather jacket while slipping my spear belt in my belt loops.