Origins

~~North America - French Territory 1760~~

Rain belted down around him as he laid sprawled in the mud, exhausted. The full moon lit the area and gave away his location to the enemy. His friend ran back to help. The mans dark hair stuck to his oval features as both men struggled getting away from the enemy.

They managed to stop for a break later that evening where the man wrote a letter, explaining how they were losing the war. His brown eyes tired and begging to go home. They both got moving again and before long the rain started again. They found a cottage and saw candles lit in the window. They went inside where the man blew out the candles and looked out the window, searching for the British enemy.

"You can't be here." A girl said, about early twenties. Dogs started barking outside as the other man, with the moustache, spoke harsh oh to the girl.

"Stay back." Both man turned back to the sounds outside as the girl continued.

"You don't understand, you have to the wrong place to hide." The man by the window stared at the girl while the other told her to be quiet. "There is something out there, something other than the British soldiers." Her French accent did nothing to hide the wavering fear in her voice.

"What do you mean other?" The man by the window asked moving closer with a candle in his hand.

"A creature of the night." The Lightning lit up the tears that streamed down her face.

"Don't listen to her." The mans friend said, still looking out the wooden door cracks.

"A shapeshifter," the women said. "A demon."

"What kind?" Asked the candle holding man.

"Sebastian." Said the man with the moustache moving to his friends side in warning.

"What kind, of demon?" Sebastian asked.

"A demon wolf." The girl answered. British soldiers surrounded the cottage in the rain just as the candle left on the table blew out. They took aim just as a beast killed the captain, taking the soldiers attention from the small wooden house.

One by one they were all killed. Killed by the demon wolf.

The letter would eventually find its way to a young women. The fierce hunter who would eventually face the beast with nothing more than a steel tipped pike. She is known by history as the Maid of Gévaudan, her real name Marie-Jeanne.

~~Phoebe's POV~~

I came to out of the memory, Clarissa's memory, and saw Liam in front of me with concern and Scott sitting beside him. We were at my place, the loft, and I was digging through memories, trying to find out how the beast can be stopped.

"Okay, but that gives us nothing on how to stop it." Scott said standing up as he thought over what I just told them.

"Maybe we need to hear the story, find out how it came to be which leads us to how we stop it." Liam says grabbing my hands while I nod.

"And how to save Mason." I add. Looking at the two boys I meet Liam's gaze before nodding my head and closing my eyes.

~~Memory~~