Running Or Staying

~~Phoebe's POV~~

After spilling everything to Mason I felt a weight lift off my chest and never, had I ever felt so alive. After he left, I sat there listening to the sounds of people and letting my imagination fly as I read a novel. I was sitting on the stairs when I sensed Stiles and Theo but happened next was freaky, when I focused I heard their voices clear as day.

"And she's sure that's where Parish is taking the bodies?" Theo asks as they enter the room.

"It's what he says happens in his dreams." Stiles answers before Theo states the truth.

"Hey, you know if Lydia finds the nematon she's also gonna find Donavon." I raise my head slowly from my book but don't turn around. I sensed stiles mood change and used my hearing to tell he came to a stop. Turning my head slightly I saw his back turned away from me as he stared at Theo. "Sorry."

"Yeah she's also gonna find Josh." Josh, another Chimera killed and from this conversation, not by the dread doctors as stiles told us but by Theo.

"You know maybe she should." Taken back I waited patiently for him to elaborate. "I think things are different now for Scott especially after what he did to Corey. I don't think he's gonna blame us for defending ourselves. Look I know he won't blame you."

I know he won't blame stiles and Theo's his new emissary but to him, I'm just a stranger. He doesn't know that I'm still the same person who almost died for him in Mexico. Or took a job at the animal clinic to learn more from Deaton and him.

There was silence, before hearing loud noises vibrate through my head. I covered my ears as I heard conversations and heartbeats, smelled emotions and Mercury. Gripping the claw around my neck they suddenly stopped and I looked around before hurrying to my feet. Putting the book back I grabbed my bag and hurried to the door only to bump into stiles.

In my hurry to escape I'd forgotten about them both and now I was face to face with them. Stiles look was one of confusion while theo looked concerned. "Sorry, I just, excuse me." I moved around the both of them and bolted for the doors I started hyperventilating but I managed to walk to the gym where I collapsed in a heap.

"Phoebe?" I heard a voice say and I looked to see my mother before me, standing tall and proud with her long blonde hair and fare skin. "Phoebe honey, what's wrong?"

"I can't, I hear loud noises and voices from across the hall and I can't...." I said starting to cry. She shushed me and knelt in front of me before taking my hand.

"Focus on the sounds you want to hear. Focus on your anchor, what your heart wants and loves." I focused but everything was so loud. Shaking my head her tone grew firm. "Focus Phoebe, focus." I did, clearing the fog I closed my eyes and saw all the friendships I made, or thought so before they all ignored me, all but one.

Mason. His brown chocolate eyes and dark skin, cheeky smile but full of support and honesty. "Phoebe are you alright?" Opening my eyes I saw Mason and Corey staring at me, Mason's hand where my mothers was and I looked around to find her but she wasn't anywhere.

"I - I don't know," telling them what happened they nodded and listened.

"Your becoming supernatural, like Scott and all that." I shook my head.

"Not like Scott, my ancestor Cammi she was the first La Lobian and has many names but she prefers La Loba. Healer and Gatherer. She is also a fighter and doesn't forget." I said and look at the weights. "What are you body building or something?" I asked changing the topic.