Imagined

I entered the clinic just as Scott finished injecting a dog. The dog yelped and bit Scott before growling. "He's a little one but his teeth are still sharp," Deaton said and they both chuckled.

"Aren't you going to apologize to the poor thing?" I asked and Scott sent me a smile. Before apologizing to the dog and taking him over to the little girl Stephanie.

"Here you go Stephanie," he said.

"Thank you doctor McCall," I smiled as Scott shook his head.

"I'm not a doctor yet." This caused Deaton to smile as I pulled out a talon and handed it to him as he examined it. "Find anything?" Scott asked and by the look on deatons face he had.

"Maybe, are you sure this guy was a werewolf?" I nodded my head.

"Yes vividly, but he seemed different from Scott and Liam." I said and Scott gave me a nod to confirm.

"As far as I can tell these claws are actually talons. I fact there talons of a harpy eagle one of the largest known birds of prey."

"How does a werewolf get talons?" Scott asked.

"Actually I'm more interested in how these talons were able to absorb your power. The only one who should be able to do that is a beta of your own making." Silence filled the room for a second.

"You mean to say that if Liam kills Scott, Liam becomes an alpha?" I said dumbfounded.

"Exactly," Scott gave me a look of many meanings.

"What if he lets someone into his pack, another beta?" I asked and Scott's look changes into one I can't name.

"I would normally say no, but I wonder if the rules to our supernatural world aren't as rigid as I once thought." Almost exactly like what my great ancestor grandmother told me last night. Now I'm worried.

"Someone's trying to change the rules." I said before looking at my watch. "I gotta bounce, class starts soon." I left and was completely oblivious to the look Deaton and Scott were giving me.

~~~~

I got to school and saw stiles with Malia walking up the steps. "So you ran a background check," Malia said just as I fell in step with her. My sneakers making a soft sound as I jogged beside my coyote friend. "All you found was a speeding ticket?"

"Speeding ticket signed by Theo's dad eight years ago." He answered.

"Which means what?" Malia asked.

"Which means, people trying to get away from something." I stared at the senior boy facing us.

"Well how many tickets do you have?" The senior girlfriend insisted.

"None," smiling to myself I spoke up.

"How many would you have if your dad didn't get you out of them?"

"Seventeen," as if in sync both Malia and I gave stiles the same look.

"I don't know stiles," Malia sighs "I mean I see why your worried. He's really hot he's got like great hair, perfect body. You should definitely feel threatened," I smouldered a laugh as the coyote looked to me. "Don't you agree?"

"Oh yeah I do, but I only have eyes for one boy and Malia, maybe next time don't say a boy is incredibly hot in front of your boyfriend." I smiled before walking away. My shorts allowing the heat of the sun to warm my bare legs and my cream ruffle layered lace top allowed the sun to hit my shoulders.