Anchors And Symbols

~~Phoebe's POV~~

Turns out heading to dads place was a bad idea. He exploded with questions and I lost control and attacked him, if it wasn't for the mountain ash he kept on him it probably would've ended up a lot worse than it did.

I ran to the clinic in hopes of finding Scott, needing to learn control. Even though I'm a cat and not a dog we still have very similar instincts. I ran to a stop and heard Liam banging in the back door.

"Hey Scott I need to talk to you." He continued knocking "Scott?" Taking a breath I stepped forward, my niki's making soft thuds against the concrete causing liam to turn and face me.

"What are you doing here?" He asks. My high black leggings kept my legs warm as did my long sleeved white top and black leather jacked. My hair had grown down just above my mid back.

"Looking for Scott. For help." I didn't normally ask for help and liam knew that as he turned from the door and slowly walked towards me. I couldn't help but stare at him as he cautiously made his way towards me.

"Why do I smell blood?" I went cold and shook my head.

"Liam do you know where Scott is or not?" I asked but he shook his head and made his way in front of me.

"Phoebe? Why do I smell blood that's not yours?" Holding back to tears I pulled out my hands that was covered in specks of my father's blood.

"I went to see my dad today but It didn't turn out a good idea," my voice wobbled as liam slowly pulled out a cloth and started wiping away the blood. "He bombarded me with questions but I saw theo today and he ticked me off and on top of that with questions I just lost it. He had mountain ash thank goodness and shielded himself with it. Once I saw what I had done I bolted for someone, anyone for help." I finished the story as Liam finished with my hands.

"Do you have an anchor?" He asks and I shook my head.

"Ever since changing," I continued pulling my hands from his. "Everything so different and nothing feels the same. Like giving away the last shred of my mortality to come back, killed the last of my identity."

"Nothing?" He asked feeling broken.

"Except you," I admitted and he looked at me with the blue eyes that only he can effect me with. "Even after you broke up with me, I couldn't let you go. I tried so hard to move on as you did but I couldn't."

"You know how I gave you that bracelet after Mexico and we got together?" He asks and I nod lifting up my sleeve to show him I still wear it. "I got it for you because when I lost control in the car I heard your voice and pictured you. You brought me back, you are my anchor Pheebs."

I stared at him in surprise. "What? But I don't-." I stared at him as he did the same. "I - do you want to go for a run?" I asked and he looked confused but I was already jogging backwards. "Come on, it'll clear our heads." When he started to follow I turned my back and sprinted using my jaguar speed to hurry into the woods. Suddenly liam was next to me and I turned to him with a laugh.

"Is that all you got?" He called over the wind and I shook my head with a smile. Pulling at my inner animal I lunged forward and turned into my true form. I felt Liam's emotions change into one of shock and delight. Also need.