The man of Gévaudan

I walked back to the school and instinctively looked around for Mason. He was always my go to buddy for problem solving and I was his. Instead I found Corey sitting at the bottom of a set of stair with the same look of sadness and pain that I have on mine. I mightn't love Mason the same way Corey does but I still love him. 

I moved to sit next to him and put a hand on his shoulder, not taking away the pain but giving him a little bit of comfort all the same. "We need to look for him, we need to find him." He said and I nod my head.

"We will, the dread doctors would have to keep him close. They moved locations so if we find their new location, we find Mason." I said.

"Theo said the doctors have been prolonging their lives for decades maybe longer. They were using a nazi wolf, and alpha called The Soldier, he fought in World War II. To keep him alive they need unique set of conditions, there has to be a power source, it has to be underground and on a -."

"Telluric Current." I said and turned to Corey. I kissed his cheek. "You're a genius. Don't worry, I'll bring him back." With that I went home and changed into shorts, black top and tennis shoes. I looked at the map of the telluride Currents and found the spot where the dread doctors are hiding.

I watched as the sun went down. "Don't worry Mason, just hang on." I ran out the door and into the woods, changing forms into a black jaguar and ran. Night had descended, I wasn't running anymore I was jogging and getting closer to the dread doctors when I heard them.

"Where is he?" Scott asked and I stopped moving and listened.

"Thought we were looking for him." Theo said and I couldn't help rolling my eyes. He's really desperate, I thought.

"You know what I'm talking about." Scott said.

"Deucalion?"

"You shouldn't trust him." Scott why are you warning him? I thought again and started jogging again.

"You're the one who let him live," Theo said.

"I'm not a murder." Scott said.

"But you still think you're going to get through this without killing anyone?" Theo said.

"I didn't say that." Scott said and I heard the, stop moving.

"We're close." Liam said and felt my heart break by the sound of his voice. I closed my eyes and took a breath, catching his scent. I got moving again, hearing the three of them argue. I followed the scent and realised that I would eventually have have to face Theo again.

God I hate his guts, I mean he killed me. Sometimes the biggest thing a person can do is to put their hatred aside to save someone they love, that's what I have to do. The scent lead to an old shack which I stalked.

I walked around the sides and back looked for any signs a threat. I moved closer and turned human looking for any Windows but there were non. I moved back when I heard the footsteps. I saw they weren't stopping and I rolled my eyes.

"Wow, nice to know people like their safety." All three boys jumped out of their skin and I had to hold back my laughter. "Sorry guys but it's pretty idiotic not seeing of its boobytrapped." Scott stared at me as I came out of the bushed and walked up to them.

"Phoebe? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Saving Mason, although probably not the same saving as you guys are doing."

"What do you mean?" Liam asked.

"You guys are saving him from becoming Sebastian, which I'm also doing. However I'm also saving him from this guy." I jabbed a thumb at Theo who rolled his eyes. "Open the door." Liam went to only to have Scott grab his shoulder.