Chapter 10

Every year our family goes to the beach house for Independence Day. Along with us the O'Brien family, Kirkpatrick family, Luke's family, and Mark's family come. It's a huge thing.

I have no idea how it started, but it was a tradition that I didn't want to stop. 

Dad always buys these really cool fireworks and gives them to the guy that goes to the little island a little ways in the ocean and he lights them off right there. Then every year there's a carnival on the beach by the boardwalk. There's people from all over that come to the carnival and to watch the fireworks.

"Lauren?" I asked. She looked away from Zac and to me. "I'm bored." I groaned.

"Go out with the guys."

"Kyle, Wes, Luke, Charlie, and Dylan went out already and the rest of them are sleeping." Carla came down the stairs and got something to drink.

"Carla!" I yelled and hugged her. She laughed and hugged me. "Want to hang out?"

"Sure." She smiled.

"Bored now?" Zac asked.

"Bored now?" I mimicked.

"WE'RE HOOOOME!!" Wes, Luke, Dylan, Charlie, and Kyle yelled.

"Where'd you go?" I asked sitting on a counter.

"To get breakfast." Wes said and went over to Carla.

The parents came in, took food, and went back outside.

"So are we doing the usual today?" Wes asked wrapping his arms around his girlfriend.

"Duh!" Kyle and I said.

"Which is?" Carla asked.

"After breakfast we get ready and go to the carnival. We go there for a few hours then meet the parents at the nearby park and have a barbecue picnic thing. After that we go to the carnival some more then we come back here and get ready for the fireworks by having a bonfire and setting up the chairs." I explained. Luke laughed at me when I took a breath.

"Every year?" Zac asked.

"Ever since we were little." Wes said.

"Can we go now?" Ryan and Henry asked.

"Yes!!"

"Meet us at the park around two." Mom yelled.

"Have fun!" Dylan and Charlie's mom yelled. We waved and piled into a few cars.

"I love the carnival at night." I said as the lights turned on and it was getting darker. Dylan looked to me and smiled. 

Why was it that when he stood like that with his hands in his pockets he looked like a thousand times hotter?

"So us five are going to go over there." Wes said talking about him, Charlie, Carla, Lauren, and Zac. "Meet at the cars at ten." We all nodded.

I watched after them as they walked off and got into line. As the others were talking Charlie picked up a girl. It wasn't even like two minutes that he talked to her. Wow, what a player.

"Cals?" Dylan asked waving a hand in my face. I blinked at looked at him.

"We're going to the drop want to come?" Kyle asked. The drop? I threw up the last time I went on that. It's a stupid ride where it takes you slowly up into the air and then unexpectedly drops you super fast and then back up and down. No thank you.

"I'll just stay down here and wait."

"Chicken." Scott said. I rolled my eyes.

"Stay right here." Kyle said.

"Don't move." Luke said. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I'm almost eighteen I can move if I'd like."

"Cal-"

"Go." I said and sat down at the picnic table. Dylan gave me one last look before they left.

I watched the people and rides as I sat. It was mostly teenagers walking around having a fun time. Some adults with their children. Some girls wearing too short of shorts and shirts that make them look like prostitutes. The rides were all pretty with the lights turned on.

"Callie?" Someone asked. I looked towards the person.

"Derek?" I asked.

"You grew up!" He said walking closer to the table.

"What happened to you?" He asked. Derek was Scott's best friend ever since the fifth grade, then Derek moved a year or so ago.

"I've been busy. Where's Scott?" He asked after he hugged me.

"The drop with Kyle and some friends of theirs."

"Didn't want to go?" I laughed and shook my head.

"I threw up last time I went on that stupid thing." He laughed.

"Hey, Cals." Dylan said walking up and looking at Derek. Scott smiled when he saw Derek and they shook hands and stuff.

"Do you want to go on some rides before we leave?" Dylan whispered in my ear. I smiled and nodded. He and Kyle nodded to each other then Dylan grabbed my hand and we began walking.

Instead of really going on rides we held hands and walked all over the place. We just talked and laughed along the way.

"Dylan?" I asked as we got to the end of the boardwalk. He came behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Hmm?" He hummed and brought his face to mine. He placed his lips on my cheek and left them there for a minute.

"Have you wondered what you're going to do for a career?" I asked out of curiosity. He brought it up the other day, but didn't know.

"Yeah." He said after a few seconds.

"What do you want to do?"

"Act." He said and rested his chin on my shoulder. I turned around and smiled at him. "What?" He asked. I shook my head and put my hands on his chest. I got on my tiptoes and kissed him. He smiled against the kiss.

"YOU'RE LATE!!" Luke yelled running to us.

"I hate them sometimes." He mumbled against my lips and kissed me again. Luke tried pulling Dylan away. "Give us a minute." Dylan said and kissed me again. I laughed as Luke pulled Dylan away and he groaned.

"God, you two are fucking weird." Luke said walking away. Dylan grabbed my hand and laced our fingers.

"Ready?" Dad asked excited as he sat down by mom at the fire.

"Why wouldn't we be?" Lauren asked.

"Here we go!" Dylan's dad yelled. I took my marshmallow off the stick and ate it. I licked my fingers and looked up to see Dylan staring at me with a small smirk. Well, this isn't weird.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

I looked over to the ocean and the fireworks had just started.

"Too bad you can't kiss your boyfriend." Scott whispered. I looked to him and pushed him off the log.

"Dick." I said when he got up.

-------------------------------------------

I know it's not long and not that great, but I was having some writing issues.

I also had to post today because today is *drum roll please* Dylan O'Brien's birthday!! :D So happy birthday to him!!