Chapter 18

This one is longer, so enjoy!!

----------------------------------------

~~~~ Callie's POV ~~~~

I ran to my phone as it rang. My family laughed at me as I tripped in the sand. I frantically searched through my purse to get my phone. When I found it and saw Dylan was calling I quickly answered it.

He's been gone for a week and whenever we talked he would always tell me that they didn't know if he got the part and I so badly wanted to hear if he did or not.

"Hi." I smiled trying to catch my breath.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked. I sat down on the blanket in the sand.

"Just swimming and surfing. You?" Sand fell through my hands and back onto the ground.

"How are the waves? Oh, I got the part. But no big deal right?"

"The waves are pretty bor- wait! You got it?" I asked excitedly. My head snapped up from the ground and out to the ocean.

"Yeah." He chuckled.

"I knew you would. I'm so happy for you. When you get back we're going to celebrate."

"By celebrating you mean cuddles and kisses?" He paused with I laughed at him. "I miss you, beautiful."

"I know, I miss you too. It's weird not seeing you everyday."

"Same. But I don't think it will be much longer here."

"Really?" I asked excited.

A few kids ran by me, throwing a Frisbee. Ugh, I miss the younger days.

"Yeah, actually really soon."

"So like really close?"

"Yeah like so close that if you turn around you'd see."

"What? That doesn't make any-" I stopped when I seen him walking towards me. I dropped my phone and got up quickly.

As soon as I got to him, he picked me up. Dylan nuzzled his head into my neck.

"Surprise, baby." He said in my ear.

"Hey man." Kyle said sounding close. Dylan's one arm went off me and I'm guessing they did their handshake then Luke came up.

"Callie, you can get off him." Kyle laughed. I sighed and took my legs off his torso. Dylan kissed my head and set me down.

We swam for a few hours and caught up with Dylan. Well everyone except Nolan- he kind of glared at Dylan. Then he would glare even more when Dylan would kiss me, whisper in my ear, or basically anything he did.

"You're staying here aren't you?" I asked as we got out of his jeep with Kyle and Luke in the back.

"Duh, we always come here after Christmas." I smiled and he grabbed my hand and laced our fingers. Ugh, I missed this so bad.

"I'm going to get a shower." I told him and ran up the stairs.

"Hey, Cal?" Dylan asked on the other side of my door.

"Yeah?"

"Can I come in?" I looked down and held the towel tighter around me.

"Uh, yeah." My door opened and he shut it after him. I went to my drawer to get out my comfy clothes.