Chapter 14

Halloween. Probably my second favorite holiday. Wait, does Valentine's Day count? Because the past couple of years it's been my favorite since I actually had a boyfriend. So if it does count then Halloween is my third.

I love the candy corn. It's just so good! Also, I love decorating the house, inside and out. All of us kids usually do it and surprise our parents. Putting up those fake cotton webs in the trees, blow ups around the yard, scary figures outside, and more.

The other part I love so much? Costume shopping with Mom, Lauren, Leah, and Marly- this year Carla is coming with us since she's like part of the family. But we always make a huge day out of it. We wake up early and meet at the local restaurant for breakfast. When we finish eating we go to a bunch of costume and Halloween stores, trying on so many costumes until we find the right one. When we get hungry we go out to eat. Then after we all find our costumes we go buy the candy for trick-or-treaters or we go see a movie. It just depends on how we feel.

"So what are you going to be?" Dylan asked in my ear. He wrapped his arms around me and began to gently sway us back and forth.

"Not sure. Why?"

"Just wondering."

"Awe, little Dylan wants to match his girlfriend." Luke said pinching Dylan's cheeks.

"So what if I do." Dyl glared at his friend.

"You tell him, baby." I laughed. "I'm going costume shopping today." I told him, looking back at the handsome guy.

"When?" He asked. I walked over to the cupboard and got a small glass to pour some orange juice in.

"About ten minutes."

"Why so early in the morning?" He asked sitting down next to Josh on the island stool.

"We always do. We all meet up at the restaurant for breakfast."

"They only do it every year." Josh said looking away from his phone for a split second.

"So why are all of you here so early? It's almost ten and if I'm not mistaken you all don't wake up until noon or later." I said then took a drink of my orange juice.

"We are going to the beach today." Wes said.

"This early?"

"Yeah, we are going to Huntington. Dad is going to be shooting there for a few hours and wants kids in the back for extras." Ryan said.

"So all of you are going?" Lauren asked walking in the kitchen now.

"Me, Ryan, Kyle, Scott, Dylan, Josh, Luke, Charlie, Henry, Mark, and Patrick." Wes said, ticking off everyone on his fingers.

"You're supposed to put you last, smart one." Lauren said. Wesley looked to her and they had a stare down. Lauren hated it when people didn't use the correct grammar. It was so funny cause she would correct us and then the guys would stare at her or make fun of her. Then I would just roll my eyes.

"When will you be back?" I asked breaking the weird stare contest. I looked to Dylan and he smiled at me.

"Before midnight." Kyle said and bumped fists with Luke. I knew what those two did when they went to Huntington Beach. They always go out along the shore and find 'hot' girls, flirt with them, and get their numbers. It was some sort of contest they did- to see how many girls they could get. The 'hottest' girl they met would get to go on a lovely date with one of them. It was honestly stupid.

"We need to get going." Scott yelled. The guys hugged all of us then went out to the trucks. Dylan smiled to me as he grabbed my waist and came closer.