Chapter 13

"What do you want to do for your birthday?" I asked Dylan.

"I want you to be by my side the whole day."

"A gift, Dyl." I laughed. He pulled me closer and leaned his head against the back of his bed.

"I want..." He made a clicking noise with his tongue while he thought. "Food."

"Food?" I asked giving him the you've-got-to-be-kidding look.

"I told you I don't care." He smiled. I got up and grabbed my phone and keys from his dresser. "Wait! Where are you going?" He asked getting up quickly.

"To get your present." I smiled.

"Last minute shopping?"

"Duh! It's my thing." Little did he know that I was going home to finish the gift I was almost done with for him.

"I will never understand why you procrastinate sometimes Callie Brooks."

"Deal with it, O'Brien." I smiled and kissed him. After descending the stairs, I put on my shoes.

As soon as I put my hand on my car handle, Dylan opened the door. I laughed to myself as he almost fell.

"Can you come over tomorrow?" He asked running out to my car. I smiled to the handsome guy. He was breathing a little faster than normal.

"Maybe." I smiled, knowing that he wanted me over badly.

"But it's my birthday." He pouted and gave me the puppy dog look. I smiled and pecked his lips.

"I'll be over, babe." He smiled and shut my car door for me after I got in.

"CAL!!" Scott yelled. I looked up from my desk when my door opened. He walked in with some drinks and snacks. "Can I watch TV in here? Mom and dad took away my TV." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes." Scott and his friends watched some naughty things the other night, if you know what I mean. Dad and mom were pissed, because he not only bought one, but three.

"Still working on Dylan's present?" He asked when a commercial was on. I nodded and blinked a few times. Ever since I got home, I have been working on this. That has been a couple of hours.

"Do you think he'll like it?" He looked down to it and nodded.

"It's Dylan."

"And?"

"He likes anything that involves you."

"Happy birthday, man." Kyle said as we walked into Dylan's house. He was eating breakfast that his mom had made for him. Dylan got up and hugged me, ignoring his best friend's handshake.

"You smell amazing." He said after he sat down. Lisa laughed and shook her head at her son. Dylan tried grabbing the bag of his gifts from me, but I jerked my hand away.

"Not yet."

"Are you two hungry?" Mrs O'Brien asked.

"No, but thank you." I said while Kyle said yes. He seriously just ate right before we came here. I don't get it.

"Can I have my present now?" Dylan asked impatiently.

"If you really want it now."

"Yes!!" He yelled excitedly.

He grabbed the bag and read the card, then went straight for the present. He pulled out the book and smiled.

"What is it?" Lisa asked looking at it.

"A scrapbook." He replied opening to the first page.

"From when you first met us Brooks up until now." I told them watching him as he looked through it.

"She spent weeks and weeks on that. Everything had to be perfect." Kyle said. I rolled my eyes at my brother.

"So you could've stayed later last night?" Dylan asked.

"No. I had to finish that and do some last minute shopping." I got up and got the box from the table. I handed it to him and kissed his cheek.

"Happy birthday, Dylan." Before opening it, he kissed the corner of my mouth.

"I was half joking."

"You said you wanted food." I shrugged. He laughed and leaned across the table to quickly kiss me. I smiled and watched as he and Kyle began to eat the candy.

"So we are at this carnival why?" Ryan asked.

"You didn't have to come." Scott said.

"Neither did you."

"Yeah, but I'm meeting someone."

"Like a girl?" I asked. He looked at me like I was stupid.

"No, a puppy. Yes a girl."

"Dummy." I mumbled. He gently pushed me, causing Dylan to groan at my brother and catching me.

"See you later." Scott said before running over to the picnic tables.

"Henry and I will be around here somewhere." Ryan said and they took off.

"Then there were four." Luke said.

"Do you have to talk?" I asked annoyed.

"Why do you date her again?" Luke asked Dylan.

"Because she's beautiful and awesome." He said squeezing my hand and kissed my temple.

"So what ride first?" Kyle asked.

"Please!" I begged Dylan. He laughed and shook his head. I grabbed his large hand in both of mine and began walking backwards.

"Baby, please? Just one time." He looked up to the large Ferris wheel and sighed.

"Once." I smiled and ran to the line, with his hand still in mine. "And it's because of the adorable face you made. The things I'll do for you, gorgeous." I smiled as he kissed my cheek.

"You love the Ferris wheel, Dyl."

"Not as much as I love sleep, kissing you, and you." I smiled and looked away from him, biting my lip.

Dylan chuckled and kissed my cheek.

After a few minutes, we moved far up to the front of the line. My head turned to look at him when he sighed.

"Are you sure you want to ride this?" Before I could say anything, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him. "I'm just kidding."

---------------------------------------------

This is waaaaaaaay over due, but I want to dedicate this story to AshleyJames14. She made the cover for this story. I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner, but thank you!!!