Chapter 34

I know, it's a late update. I was supposed to update yesterday. But my family and I picked and carved some pumpkins all day. Then today was my homework/study day. So here I am posting this chapter.

And 28K reads?! I love all of you! By the way I loved the comments about the last chapter!

Comment. Vote. Stay amazing.

Love, El

------------------------------------------

~~~ Dylan's POV ~~~

When I woke up Callie was gripping onto my shirt and her legs were tangled with mine. She was up for a long time last night, but she never told me what was wrong.

I wish I knew what happened so I can help.

I carefully tried to untangle her from me, but she kept coming back.

"Baby, I have to go." I whispered and kissed her cheek.

"When will you be back?" She asked. It sounds like she's been up for a while.

"Hopefully soon. Have you been up all night?" I asked.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Callie,"

"I'll see you when you get home." She said and rolled over.

"Callie?" I said and sat down on the bed next to her, after I was done getting ready. When she didn't answer I kept going. "I don't know what's going on, but I can't help unless you tell me, baby." No answer. I sighed and ran my hand over my face. "Okay, nice talk. I'll see you later." I said and kissed her cheek. "I love you." I took one more look at her before I left the room.

"Everyone come here." What could he possibly want now? "I know six days a week and working for seventeen hours is tiring. So I want to thank all of you for being here. As a reward I have decided to let all of you go home early today." I smiled and everyone cheered. "And everyone gets Saturdays off along with Sundays." Everyone cheered once again. "Now go home before I change my mind." He laughed.

"Hey, maybe you and Callie could come over on Saturday? Seana wants to meet her. We could have a barbecue or something."

"Yeah, we'll be there." Tyler smiled and patted my back.

As soon as I opened the door I saw Callie sitting at the table crying. I walked over to her and pulled her into my arms.

"You have to tell me what's wrong." She wrapped her arms around my neck and cried. Her tears wetting my shirt, but I didn't care.

I kept rubbing her back, comfortingly, as she stopped crying. She took a deep breath and I kissed her forehead.

"Please tell me." I said and put my lips to her nose. I pulled away and pushed her hair behind her ear.

I looked on the table and her notes were all over and her word document was up, with three pages typed.

"Is it the report?"

"Sort of." She said closing her eyes.

"How about I go start a hot, bubbly bath for the two of us and we can talk?" She opened her eyes to look at me.

"You want to take a bath right now?" She smiled.

"Yeah, I want to take a bath with you. Do you not want to?" I asked with a small smile. She laughed and shook her head.