Prologue Eve

Ring! Ring! Went the clock beside her as she lazily hit the snooze button. This was Eve Saguaro. She lived in a cramped house with five people: her mom, dad, brother, and sister. Getting up in the morning she looked forward to. Awe yes! That was the time. No one else was awake. Perfect time to do whatever she pleased.
"Good morning hula! What's for breakfast," she whispered to her dog in the kitchen
She opened the pantry. Nothing. There was nothing. She could have sworn she left a cereal bag. She felt around the cookies and spices. Still nothing.
"What you looking for," asked a deep voice from behind the door.
Slowly she looked behind the door and groaned, "David."
"Oh that cereal was delicious," he cracked up as he sat down in the living room to watch tv.
"Why are you up so early anyway," she closed the pantry door with disappointment. Saturday it was. That's the day her mom always made vegetable breakfast. Things you don't want to go through. David just stole her last hope of freedom.

"Eat your food Eve. Don't you want to be like the skinny girls," her mom set steaming spinach pancakes in front of Eve and Sara. It didn't look appetizing at all.
David, her brother, always stole her stuff. Sara, her sister was a complete princess. She was the middle child. The wall in between. It was good at times. Like now Eve just slipped from the table and went outside while her mother pampered Sara. As she went through the door, she felt the fall breeze hit her face. She grabbed her bike and rode off to her safe place. No one else knew where it was but her. It was the last place to go. Last place to go. She thought to herself as she raced around the dirt road.
Around the forest, past the gas station, into the tunnel, around the church, past the main rode, on the dirt trail, into the forest path, behind the graveyard, and in a hole beside a tree. That my friend was the safest place Eve could be. Once a rabbits den, now her secret hide out. She put her bike against the tree and opened the wooden door she attached earlier yesterday. It was dark but quite. Perfect shade. Relaxing maybe! She sat crossed legged on the floor. She had a flash light but didn't bother to turn it on. Dark and nice. Just the way I like it. She thought about it as she felt around the dirt ground.
One more day until school starts. That was always the worst. She had nothing against the popular smart girls, but they always messed with her. She shook off the thought of Alice pouring milk down her shirt, but lately it seemed their words hurt more.
Relax. She thought as she leaned back on the tree. Her fingers shimmied across the ground. Clank! She felt the glassy touch of some thing against her hand. Click! She held her flashlight to the object. A necklace? Why would there be a necklace here? How did it get here? Who does it belong to? She thought in her head.
The necklace was stunning. Gold around the edges, silver writing in the center of it. A floral background made it fancy. She put it on and felt a sudden burst of energy. Wow! Was this a gift from heaven? She lifted the necklace to her heart. I'm going to keep you forever. There she fell asleep. Necklace in hand and no worries. But she she had no idea she had just made a very dangerous promise.