Chapter 25- Part two/ Let's Get This Party Started

Eve woke up all sweaty. She was breathing heavily. Her heart was beating fast. What was that? She got up from her bed. It was almost time for lunch. She set her bracelet on the counter.
  She opened the door. In front of her, blocking her path, were kids cheering. She stepped closer to the cause.
  "Yes I'd love to" she heard a girl squeal
  Everyone cheered louder. Then Eve listened to a girl's conversation.
  "I'm so glad for Mona. She was so upset yesterday. Now she's going with Robin. Isn't that great"
  "But I heard most people are asking their crushes today" another one butt in
  "Awe just you wait till lunch" said the first one
Well their goes my appetite. I think I'm going to be sick, but if that is going to happen. Bailee must ask Casper! Oh yes! This has to happen. Eve smiled to herself. Knowing they'd have different lunch times, she could still imagine.
  She kept walking down the hall. She saw Sir Trent at the entrance.
  "Hey" she waved
  He walked over. "This is going to be like last Valentine's Day. Ugh, the air, it's filled with love"
  Eve laughed. "I mean it's a little sweet"
  "Too sweet. And they make big deals out of it. They get the whole cafe cheering" he grunted
  Eve laughed harder. "Awe come on. Aren't you going with anyone" why did I ask that stupid question?
  He sighed. "I go solo. All the girls want me, so I can't tear friendships apart. There's many of me to go around"
  "Oh wow" she smiled. "How could I ever bear to see you go with another"
  "Well what about you? Doesn't the all and powerful Eve get a date" he back lashed
  Her face got red. "Um, well I'm not very popular at the moment"
  "So that's a no" before she could reply, kids starting cheering again. Eve looked over to the center of the room. CJ was bent down on one knee.
  "Jada will you go to the dance with me" he stated holding up roses for her
  She blushed. "Yes, yes"
  Eve smiled. "Fist time I can actually understand her. This is perfect. The two of them"
"Please spare my life. Have you no mercy" Sir Trent said dramatically
Eve shook her head. "Let's just get some lunch"

After Eve got her lunch, she parted ways with Sir Trent, then made her way to Amber's table.
"Can I sit with you guys" Eve asked
Amber scooted over. "I don't see why not. Are you ready"
"Ha ha no" Eve replied. "What if the dress looks stupid on me"
"Oh don't be silly. It looked nice on you. So did everyone else's. It's like we were made for them" Tammy popped in their conversation. Jessie nodded in agreement.
"My Converse shoes totally match. And here I thought I might have to actually where" she gulped "high heels"
"I am so elated to go. I can't possibly wait a millisecond" Jada smiled to herself remembering what happened before lunch.
"Oh, oh! Tammy has an idea. How about we all go over to Jessie and I's room, so we can all do our makeovers and walk in together"
"Tammy that's a wonderful idea. Let's say eight at her place. That way we can make it at ten" Amber planned
  Jessie smiled and nodded.

Eve was heading back to her room. She dragged her fingers along the wall. All her dreams mixed up in her mind. She didn't notice the footsteps behind her until a few minutes passed. She stopped in her tracks. The footsteps stopped when she did.
She turned around. There was no one behind her. Weird, I could have sworn there was someone behind me. She turned back around. Mrs. Phoenix popped up I front of her.
"Nice to see you Miss Saguaro"
Eve looked shocked. "Mrs. Phoenix. I-I haven't seen you in a while"
During the festival, Eve had noticed Mrs. Phoenix wasn't around much at all, but she thought it was because she was sick or something.
"I've been out lately. Tell me, anything new" she pushed her red hair behind her ear
"No my lady. Nothing at all" she lied. I can't tell her about what's going on.
She didn't look convinced. "Eve honey, you look a little pale. Are you alright"
"Yes, I'm just fine"
"Miss Saguaro, I just hate it when people lie to my face. Don't you" Mrs. Phoenix circled her like a hawk. "It's so unprofessional. I know you'd never lie to me right"
"I would never" Eve tried not looking at her eyes. Every time she caught a glimpse of them, she saw flames burning into her soul.
Mrs. Phoenix put her arm on Eve's shoulder. "Because you know what would happen if I caught you lying to m-"
She was caught off my Eve's guardian angel.
"Let her go Mrs. Phoenix" he said
She let go. "Mr. Adam. What a pleasant surprise"
"I'm glad to see you too. I've noticed you haven't been out much" he shot back
Eve could feel the energy between the two teachers. Like their spirits where fighting each other. "None of your business" Mrs. Phoenix left.
Eve caught her breath. She didn't understand what was going on.
"Are you ok" Mr. Adam turned into himself
Eve nodded. "What was that all about"
He smiled. "Let's just say me and Mrs. Phoenix go way back"
"Do you really think we should keep it a secret? Maybe she could help us"
"Eve this must be kept secret. We don't want to spread panic. Let's just have fun tonight. The only time we need to keep our guard up is tomorrow" he patted her back. "We will do just fine on our own"