Chapter 46- No Fighting

I couldn't feel anything. I wasn't in control or was I? I couldn't think. No one was here to stop me. The only person who could save me was gone. Gone....

Piper ran over to Scarlet. Scarlet shoved her off. "I could have handled him myself. I didn't need your help".

"Shut up. We need to get out of here before-" Piper couldn't finish her sentence before a low rumbling noise could be heard. All the sudden it got louder. Water rushed from where they came from.

Eve didn't notice. She shot a gust of wind to Piper. Scarlet rolled them out of the way. Piper pulled out a bag similar to Bailee's. Eve snapped vines at them, but Scarlet lit them on fire.

"Come over here and let me kill you!" Eve yelled at them. It was too late. They both jumped, vanishing before her eyes.

"Eve we need to go" Mr. Woods tried talking to her. She moved her hand towards him, and a gust of wind bolted him to the wall.

She dragged her feet through the water slowly getting closer to Sir Trent's body. She dropped to her knees and held him again. Air started to swirl around her faster and faster. Flowers grew and died around Eve. Leaves and branches started to grow over them. "I can save you". She sobbed, but there was no hope for him.

Matt felt guilty. If only I watched Piper more closely, he could have lived. Matt thought. He needed to get them out of there. Eve's tornado was causing the water to shoot back upwards. Matt pushed forward. No matter what he had to get to her. Mr. Woods called after him, yet he pushed forward.

"Leave me alone", Eve cried. A huge wave of wind burst around her. Matt almost got knocked over, but continued forward. "I know what I'm doing. I can fix this. I can handle this". She seemed to be talking to her mind as if there were two other people.

He took a few steps forward. His feet seemed to slip a little. Matt looked up to see Eve almost completely covered in branches. Thorns started to sprout out. He then focused his attention to something shiny. He yanked it up from the ground. My pocketknife. Piper must of used this to get out of the rope. I'm an idiot. I need to get us out of here. Matt was determined to get them out of there.

He leaped forward, pocket knife in hand. The sharp small blade cut into the branches. Matt brushed them out of the way.

"Stop! What are you doing", she yelled at him.

He shoved them out of the way. Eve's winds picked up more speed, but he was in the center now. He continued to push and shove the branches.

"I'm going to save him!", She cried as he finally reached her.

He didn't say anything to her just yet. All he did was hug her. Eve's heart stopped beating so fast. The rush in her body stopped. She found the reassurance she needed all along. She felt the warm cozy feeling.

"Matt...", she cried.

"Let's go find our friends", Then Eve's wind stopped and the water crashed down around them.

Later

"Guys! Move! Give her some space to breathe", Eve heard Bailee's concerned voice. Eve gasped for air. She finally could open her eyes and look around. Then Bailee squeezed her in a bear hug.

"Where have you been? I thought we'd never find you again. I was so worried, but we found your brother on the way", Bailee told her.

Casper laughed. "What's with the sad face Eve? Aren't you glad to find us. Well we found you and two others floating in that pool of water over there"

Eve turned to see a pool of water. I must have blacked out.

Raven tied up her blue hair. "Are we not going to talk about the random old dude"

David helped Matt up. "The 'old dude' is still not responding", Hula sniffed Mr. Woods.

"And Eve, where's Sir Trent", Bailee had to ask. Eve started to cry. Everyone but Matt looked confused.

Matt cleared his throat. "Um....he's not with us anymore, and this man, Bailee, is your father".

No one moved. No one spoke. It was awkward and depressing at the same time.

"Don't want to spoil the moment, but we need to get going" Raven blurted out.

Bailee protested. "Not now! Not when they've just been traumatized"

"Or at least wait till um, he's awake", Casper pointed to David doing CPR on Mr. Woods while Hula laid down beside him.

"Could you speed up the process?" Raven rolled her eyes.

Bailee stood up, "You don't have to be a brat about it".

"I'm just saying we should hurry up. We're loosing time each minute we waste" She stood up to Bailee. Everyone felt uneasy now.

"Wasting time? Weren't you the one wasting time at Casper and I's wedding. We didn't even have to get married"

"Married?" Matt asked

Casper turned to him. "Long story"

"You don't have to boss everyone around. You aren't better than anyone here. Stop acting like such a princess" Bailee yelled at her.

Raven just yelled back. "Am I the only one who cares about taking this creepy guy down".

"Cares? When have you ever cared about anything? Last time I checked, the only thing you ever cared about was being the alpha of children. We actually care about taking this guy down. The only reason we took you with us is because we had no choice. We were forced to take you with us. Do you honestly think we like a person like you? So self centered? Stop dreaming, and help us for once"

Raven laughed, but didn't seemed amused. "So we're being honest, huh. I didn't want to come either. I was pushed into this mess. Let's be completely honest! I was pushed into the whole I'm a huntress act. When I first got here, I looked up to you. You were the top of the top. I wanted to be just like you. I thought we shared some special connection because we were both trying to impress our parents"

"Raven I-"

"The only reason I want to be alpha of the children is because if I fail in this Base, my parents won't want me. They put me in here so they wouldn't have to deal with me. I wanted to prove I wasn't such a lost cause. I had a partner I really liked who I thought liked me, but I lost him. He didn't want me anymore. He wanted my best friend!" She started to cry, "I lost two people the same day. The friends I make at the Base only hang out with me because they're scared of me. That night when I was thrown into this, I found out someone I cared about cared about me. Amber's the one that has been there! No body else! I just find it funny how no one has mentioned her throughout this whole entire trip! At least I care about someone that's not selfish. She gave up her life for me, and I won't stop and rest till I find her"