Chapter 33- Friends, Flirting, and A Figure

"Me" Sir Trent pointed his thumps at his face. Raven rolled her eyes.
"We told you! That doesn't count anymore" she faced palmed
"Just go already" Bailee nudged Eve. It was night time. They kept driving up north.
  David squinted "We can camp" he paused "over there". It was a dark view, but they could almost see the flat area. So David parked the car, and they un packed. Three tents total and eight sleeping bags. Hula is pampered.
  "So Casper and Bailee in the first one. Me and Purple in the Kings one, then Eve, Matt, and Raven in the last one" Sir Trent assigned the tent
  "That's not fair" Raven scoffed
  Bailee frowned. "She's not going with us"
  "I'll sleep outside. Problem solved" she leaned against a tree. They nodded back in acceptance.
  "David can you make a fire" Eve brought him chopped sticks
  "I have a lighter you know" he whipped out the device
  Eve smiled. "You always do"
  Casper set up the tents "Campfires are my favorite" he scooted next to Bailee. She instantly stood straight. It was too dark to see the red form in her face.
  "Who doesn't like them" she squeaked
  Eve laughed at their pathetic flirting. She looked over to Sir Trent. Perfect time to go ahead and tell him you twat! She thought to herself. Why do I even like him! I'm so dumb. She turned back to the group.
David had a nice fire going. They heated up some soup somehow. Eve sat on the ground listening to the stories Bailee and Casper had to tell. It was like the whole family was there. Raven stayed outside of the group. She looked out into the dark rubble.
  Eve set down her bowl. "Another story please"
  Bailee gasped "I have to eat first" she sipped
  "Going that slow you'll never finish"
Casper chugged his bowl

They assigned night watchers. Bailee and Casper the first shift. Matt and Sir Trent the second shift. Then Raven and Eve the last shift.
Eve frowned. I should ask Matt to switch. She pushed over next to him.
"Matt" she whispered
He looked over. "Yes"
"Can we switch shifts" she waited for his response
"Why would y-. Oh...." He widely smiled "I got a plan don't worry"
Eve fidgeted where she stood. Matt isn't very good with plans. Well not that she knew of. She looked back and forth from the ground to Sir Trent.

Bailee leaned against the tree. Casper whistled and looked around. Nothing could break the awkward tension between them. Bailee tapped her foot.
They just had to pair me up with him! This is so awkward. Why? We used to get along so nicely. Just like friends! It's because this crush! Ugh!
She thought in her head. She kept walking back and forth. Casper walked over to the fire and sat down.
"Come sit with me" he patted the dirt next to him
Bailee quickly jolted out of her thoughts. "Um ok" she squatted down next to him.
They sat their in front of the fire to what seemed like forever. The noise of the forest and the constant crackle of fire kept it less awkward.
Enough of this! I'm breaking the silence! Bailee scolded herself in her head. She turned her head, but Casper had the same idea. Them made eye contact. Then quickly looked away.
Bailee turned her head slowly back. They met again. They both smiled at each other.
"Why are we like this" Bailee laughed
Casper chuckled. "I don't know. I'm so clueless"
"Me" Bailee looked at him "too"
And they looked at each other again. Bailee could feel Casper's warm breath. She could smell his nice wood like scent that was like freshly chopped pine. He leaned in pulling his arm up to her face. She hesitated, but shut her eyes.
They soon leaned closer. One second later they locked lips. That was Bailee and Casper's first kiss. Once they both let go, they opened their eyes.
Wow, Bailee thought
Wow, Casper thought
Soon Bailee realized what she did. She blushed intensely. Then she shook her head. "Nope"
Casper followed. "Nope"
They both awkwardly walked into their tent.
"Next shift" he yelled.
"Please" Bailee zipped up the flap. They sat in their tent quietly for the rest of the night back to back.

  "That's me" Sir Trent hopped out of the king's tent. Eve messed with her fingers.
  Matt winked at her, which caused Eve to wince. He went out the tent with a smile.
  "Oh....ow! Ugh I stubbed my head and I have a toe ache" he lied
  Eve held back her breath. To her surprise, he took it.
  "You should go get some rest. I'll take care of the camp" Sir Trent took the bait. Eve lit up with a smile. She darted out the tent and volunteered.
  "I can cover for Matt"
  Sir Trent smiled. "Perfect" Eve smiled and blushed.
Stop it you incompetent moron! Just smile.
  Matt went back in the tent leaving Eve and Sir Trent. They made the
occasional eye contact. They had short conversations but nothing seemed to hang around.
Come on Eve! You can do this! She walked up to him with a smile.
  "Hey Sir Trent" she started out
  He smiled. "Hey...your brother is cool"
  "Please no more jokes" she joked
  And again they stood their. With no conversation to break the silence. 
One more try! Eve persisted herself. She had to do this.
  She turned to face him. They made direct eye contact and locked themselves there. Eve never noticed his clear ocean blue eyes. Did Mr. Adam have the same eye color? Eve thought to herself.
They walked closer to each other. Then stopped. She took a moment to think. Then the words just blurted out.
"I think I like you" she said
He looked dumbfounded. He just stared at her. Eve blushed intensely and when she didn't get her reply she panicked.
"Never mind. I'm sorry. I-I have to go. I'll come back." Eve darted into the darkness
Sir Trent snapped out of it. "No wait! Eve"
She kept running. Tears streamed down her face. That was super embarrassing. Ugh! I hate myself! Why? Why me?!
"Eve come back" Sir Trent yelled
She lost her footing and tripped. That flipped her over causing her to hit her head multiple times. She stopped and didn't move.
"Eve" he screamed trying to find her. Under his breath he mumbled "I like you too"

I walked around a bit. My family is at the location. They don't know I'm out here, but I like to make my rounds.
So I headed down the flat areas. Making a few turns here and there, I noticed a body shaped figure. It didn't move. I waited a couple of minutes before going up to it.
I just found the body of a girl. She has brown hair and....the necklace!