Chapter 43- The Opened Case

Eve jolted up from her place. Sir Trent and Matt were fainted adjacent to her. She rubbed her eyes and looked around. At first it was really dark and gloomy, but she spotted a flicker of light coming from a far corner of where they were.
  "Guys, I see light" she shook them awake.
  "Everything hurts" Matt groaned turning over on his side
  Sir Trent laughed. "I don't feel it" although he winced when he tilted his head back.
  Eve shot him a glare and he looked away. "Let's see if the light leads us out of here. Are you guys ok? We can wait here a while longer"
  "No, we really need to find the others. We should go now" Matt got up.
  Eve tried getting up, but she never noticed her leg was injured. She fell back down with a thud.
  "Eve, what happened to your leg" Matt tenderly examined it.
  "I don't know. I must have landed on it. Shouldn't my powers heal it though? This is weird"
  Sir Trent gazed at the leg. "You'll be fine. Surely it will heal sooner or later. Get up, you're fine" Eve tried to stand up again but fell in agonizing pain.
  "Oh my gosh. It's just a leg" he rolled his eyes. Both Matt and Eve glared at him. "Well, I can carry you if you can't walk" he offered getting near her.
  "Don't touch me!" The ebullition made the guys jump back. The outburst even caught Eve by surprise. "Um.... Matt can you...carry me?"
  Blushing a little he nodded. Eve climbed upon his back, and Matt started walking towards the light. Sir Trent muttered a few words under his breath before following them.
  It was silent and tense between everyone. Soon enough they reached what was emitting the light. A torch was carefully placed against a steal door. The door was slightly open, and since the torch was still lit, someone might be inside. Matt carefully kicked it opened. They all peered in the small room. There was four torches on each wall. Surprisingly enough, you could see almost everything. They walked in careful not to make noise.
  To their left was a high tech computer. Surrounding that was shelves filled with files and books, but they all looked unopened. A tiny fridge stood next another steal door. A stickynote stuck to the door of the fridge. It read: You're time is running out. Tick- tok. It sent shivers down Eve's spine. Eve knew it was same for Matt because he had tightened his grip on her good leg.
  They locked their attention on the small wooden desk to the right. Not because their was a huge mess on the right side. Not because it had fresh scratch marks all over the sides. Nor was it because it had ink splattered all over it. They looked at the clean file on the left side of the desk that was labeled Necklace Of Powers, Mr. Woods. It had an accurate picture of the necklace. The most alarming part to Eve had nothing to do with the necklace, but the very words Mr. Woods. Where have I heard that name?
  "My real name is Bailee Woods..." The first time Eve met the mysterious girl named Lee, she learned of her entire story including the disappearance of her father. Could it be a coincidence? Anybody could have the last name Woods. This is too similar.
It was the only file that looked used. Sir Trent cautiously turned the first page over. Eve skipped through the unreadable hand writing, but some pictures and sentences stood out. There was a very vivid drawing of the four necklaces together. She noticed the only one she had seen, Ivy. Then she noticed sentences like: 'it must choose a worthy holder','With all four you unlock great power','Great, great danger for breaking a promise'.
"This is so weird" Matt whispered
Eve nodded. "Looks like we aren't the only people who know about it"
Sir Trent turned another page. "There's much research here. Look, that is the temple is was kept in" he turned a few more pages. Soon the pages started to go blank. Until they came to a page with a poem. The poem Eve hated the most. It read:
The one who promises
Must keep it
  The one who gives pain
Must feel it
  The one who loves
Must abuse it
  The one who lets it go
Must take it back
Accept the fate
And break the promise
  Eve couldn't think straight. The words just made a hypnotic sound as she read it in her head. It was pulling her, tearing her, break the promise, accepted the fate. Eve never wanted to hear the words again. She never wanted to read them again. She felt like she was going to start balling at that point, but they heard footsteps.
  "Quick the steal door" Matt pointed at the on near the mini fridge.
  Sir Trent quickly opened it. The three ran in and shut the door behind them. It was small bathroom with a bed on the side. By the bed was a bed stand with a lamp and a framed picture. If Eve didn't believe it was Bailee's dad before, she did now. The framed picture showed a family of three, a dad, a mom, and a little girl. The girl looked too similar to Bailee.
  It was quiet at first. Then we heard the other door slam open. Another silent pause before we heard Piper's squeaky voice.
  "This information is useless to master. He should really get rid of you"
  A mans voice came "Please miss, I'm doing the best I can. There's not much on this necklace. My resources are limited. I-"
  There was a loud smash of glass. "I don't want to here excuses. You're making my job harder. You know how much this means to him! How much it means to me! I-...he needs that necklace, and you are here to find a way"
  "Yes miss, my apologies. Just give me more time" he begged
  "There more time you waste, the more time you are away from your precious daughter. Don't you want us to bring your wife back to life" she taunted
  "Yes" they heard him whisper with agony
  "Then I suggest you get" she paused and sneered, "get back to work"
  She slammed the door. This time there was a locking noise. Eve inferred that they were just locked in the small living area. They heard crying. It must came from the man. I'd be crying if I hadn't seen my family in a long time. Eve realized that she really missed her family, although they never realized her disappearance.
  "Maybe we should-" Matt started, but Eve bolted off his back and quickly opened the door. She winced with pain, but the man saw them.

----------------------------------------------
Hey guys I just wanted to ask that if you can read the second part of my tagged book. It shows two stories that are just the best. Much love to these two people.
AshleyJones433
Mysterygirl1144960
Xoxo~cookie queen