Chapter 11- Bubble Bath

After dinner, Eve walked with Amber to her dorm. The waved goodbye, and Eve made her way down the hall. She was mentally preparing herself to talk to Matt. You know I could just not talk to him. Yeah just go in and go to bed. Not that hard.
  She hesitated a bit when she reached her door. Her hand rested on the handle. She took a deep breath and twisted it. The door swung open. She stepped in.
  No one was is there. Could he be late, or have some work to do. Eve sat down in her bed. She looked around. I wouldn't mind having a room to myself. It's peaceful.
  She decided to take a bath. Maybe Matt will be here when I'm done. She filled the tub with water and bubbles. She stepped in. The water was freezing, but she sat in it anyway. I can finally treat myself to a bubble bath.
  She dozed off a little. Eve was lost in her thoughts. She thought about how her family is probably worried or not. Then she thought about hula. She was a nice dog. Hopefully she's doing alright. I was the only one who remembered to feed her.
  Eve relaxed a bit more. She closed her eyes. For a while she was having a decent nap. She was dreaming of kingdoms and stuff like cotton candy clouds. You know that basic dream. Then she fell off a cloud. Sinking deeper and deeper into the sky.
She rushed down and down. The air was buzzing part her. The only thing she could hear was whispering. It got a bit louder. The. a crackling voice came. The same voice she heard at the belt showcase. It boomed:

  Accept the fate!
And break the promise!

  Eve quickly opened her eyes. The necklace was dangling from her neck. She looked around the bathroom alarmed. She got up and rinsed herself off with a towel. She rinsed the bathtub too.
  She walked out into the room. Matt still wasn't there. She changed into her night clothes. Eve sat up in her bed. She didn't want to fall asleep. She knew she would encounter another nightmare. Ring! Ring!
  Eve jumped at the sudden noise next to her. She looked beside her to see a phone ringing. When did we get phones. She picked up the phone anyway.
  "Hello" she called into the phone
  "Hey Eve" came a familiar voice on the other end "it's me Amber"
  Eve sighed in relief "Oh hi Amber. Why did you call me"
  "Oh just wanted to see if you would like to hang with me and these other girls"
  "Um. I don't know"
  "Oh come on it will be fun" she pleaded
  Eve smiled "Ok I guess it won't hurt to try. Where is it at"
  "It will be at my place. Come over when you are ready for fun" she gleefully informed Eve
  "Ok I'll be there"
  "You won't regret it" Amber finished before Eve heard a click.
  At least I'll have something to do. Eve packed up a little. Again she had little stuff, but she took a pillow, the bed blanket, and some chips she got from the vending machine.
She locked her room door, and Eve started walking down the hall to her friends room. She came to it. Eve heard giggling then shouting. She knocked twice before someone answered.
"Oh Eve. Come in. Guess what? I totally forgot Tom was having a sleepover too. I hope you don't mind some guys" Amber greeted
"Guys?" Eve looked in the room. One half of the room was occupied by a group of girls. The other half was occupied by a group of dudes. One of them happened to be Matt.
"Nope" Eve turned around for the door, but Amber grabbed her arm.
"Oh come on Eve. I know you don't like him right know, but we really want you with us" the girls nodded
  Eve sighed "Fine. I'll stay" The girls all cheered. Matt watched as Eve took her seat in the far corner of the room. She kept her head down. He quickly looked away before she could notice.
  "Alright. Looks like we won't be the only ones who cause mischief tonight" Tom spoke up
  "Oh shut up Tom" Amber replied "We girls need our time to have peace"
  "Awe come on. Don't you girls want to have fun" he persuaded
  Amber looked at the girls for a reconsideration. The girls shrugged. Amber turned back to Tom.
"What do you have in mind" she asked
  He smiled "You'll see" The other guys laughed with him. "Where going to leave in twenty minutes. Be ready for adventure girls"
  "Whatever" Amber turned back to the girls. "Well don't just sit there. Introduce yourselves to Eve"
  The girls hesitated a bit. Then one spoke up.
  "Uh....hi. I'm Jada" she had brown wavy hair and green eyes.
  "And I'm Jessie" greeted the girl next to her with short blonde hair and grey eyes. She was pretty tall from the looks of it.
  "The names Mary Lou, but you can call me May" said another girl with black hair and blue eyes.
  "I think that's it" Jada looked around
  "Wait! Where's Tammy" Amber looked around.
  "She's here" Jessie pointed to a pile of blanket. Three seconds later a small girl with orange hair and yellow eyes popped out.
"The answer is A Mrs. Phoenix" she jumped. The girls all laughed.
"Oh hi. I'm Tammy"
  "Nice to meet you all. I'm Eve"

                             Earlier
  "Let me introduce you to my three bros" Tom walked Matt in his room
  "This is CJ" he pointed to the guy with a short Afro
  "Sup"
  Matt waved and Tom took him along to a guy with black hair "This is Marco"
  "Hey man. I heard what happened in the cafe"
  "Oh yeah" Matt shook his hand
  "And last but not least" he lead him to a boy with blonde hair "Max"
  "Hey" Matt waved, but Max was quiet. 
  "Oh Max is a bit quiet sometimes" Tom excused him
  "I think you'll fit in" said CJ from behind him
  "Yeah. You are the new brother" announced Marco

                       Back to now
  "Are you girls ready to go yet" CJ asked
  "Yea-" Amber stopped "what is all this" she pointed at the objects in their hands
  "Calm down Amber. It's just some shaving cream. Don't get your panties in a bundle" Tom replied
  "What is it for" Jessie got up. She was at least six two.
  "Don't you girls know the definition of  mischief" taunted Marco
  "That would be playful misbehavior or trouble making. Especially used with children" smartly stated Jada
  "Don't get us in trouble Tom"
  "Oh Amber. When have I haven't" he laughed
  "I love pranks" Tammy declared jumping up and down.
  "Yeah let's go" Eve finally spoke in a while. Matt, who was standing in the far back, relaxed. He was worried she was still mad.
  "This girl gets it" May patted Eve's shoulder
  "Well then what are we waiting for" Marco was at the door.
  "Max you comin" Tom called
  The blonde nodded and got up. He showed no emotion. He walked slowly to the guy group.
  "That's everyone" Amber counted
  Eve looked around "Do you have some tap" she asked
  "Uh.....I think" replied Tom
  "Can I have it"
  He opened a drawer. His hand pulled out a tap roll. Then handed it to Eve.
  "Thanks"
  "What's it for" he asked
  "Oh Tom. Don't you know the meaning of mischief" the girls all laughed
  "Oh come on" Tom opened the door. The kids all rushed out. Ready for a mischievous night. A night that would seem like a normal kid night. The only night of fun they would have in a long time.