Chapter 18- Dress Up

Eve's sleep was interrupted by another dream. She saw a boy, no David, huddled in a hole much like her rabbit's den. A booming noise could be heard coming from outside. David sat up and peaked through. He stood back in shock.
"I can't let this happen" he whispered to himself. When he turned over he noticed Eve.
"What are you doing here" Eve asked in confusion "what's going on"
David blinked. He rubbed his eyes. Then blinked a few more times. "W-where have you-"
Eve couldn't explain. The scene quickly shifted. She stood in the shadows of a large tree. Boom! An explosion shook the ground under Eve. She walked out into the open. Chaos was all around her.
People ran in the opposite direction of the explosion. Loud screams also came from, well, everywhere. Eve walked towards the explosion like any other curious teen would do. Four figures in heavy cloaks stood in the ashes of burned down houses. One figure, with a red cloak, came forward.
"Well. Isn't this a pleasant surprise" the voice sounded female.
"Who are you" Eve shouted over the noise of screams
The figures all laughed. The red one stopped them with a wave of her hand "That's not the problem here. I'm sorry to cut our conversation short, but I'm going to need that piece of jewelry around your neck" she lunged a fire ball at Eve. Eve couldn't do anything but put her hands in front of herself.

Beep. Beep. Eve woke up to the beeping of her alarm. It was all a dream. Thank the lord. She hopped off her bed and got ready. In the middle of brushing her teeth, her eyes wondered to the calendar Matt had hung on the wall.
Friday. Today's Friday. Amber popped up in her head. Oh right, she invited me to go dress shopping this afternoon. Eve wondered how she would get Mr. Adam to let her go shopping. I mean we only have four days left. She walked out the bathroom.
"You ready yet" Matt was at the door ready to go
   Eve smiled "Yup"
The first half of the day, Eve tried telling Mr. Adam she needed to cut the training short. And since the exams where over, they've started learning combat technics. This made it difficult to talk to him.
Whenever she almost had a chance, he had to help a kid. She even tried faking an injury, but she just got sent to the nurse. She gave up when he didn't even come over to help her on a certain move. That was just plain mean.
When lunch rolled around, she sat down to eat with Amber and her squad. They talked about going out later, and how much the dresses would cost.
Instead of money in the base, they had student points. You receive five after each worksheet they have a week. Eve was broke, but Jada had enough to split between the two. Tammy went on and on about how her dress would be red. At some point she started talking about robots.
Maybe Bailee can help me out. Eve went out the cafe and too the older kids class. The older kids had lunch after them, but they had a break in between training. That meant she could see Bailee.
  She entered the main floor. Eve saw Casper and Bailee. Bailee looked really shy. What? Is she asking him out or something? Eve ran up to them with a big smile.
  Bailee jumped "Eve you scared me"
  Eve laughed "Sorry was I interrupting something"
  Casper smiled "Oh no. We were talking about you"
  "Eve I hope this isn't rude of me, but I kind of told Casper about your 'special training'" Bailee admitted
  Eve sighed "it's ok as long as he won't tell anyone else"
  "I won't. You can trust me"
  "And I also need to talk to you Bailee. It's kind of important" Bailee nodded to Eve's request
  They walked a good distance away from Casper. Then Eve turned to her.
  "Do you think I can skip the last part of training today? I promised Amber I would go shopping for dresses"
  Bailee thought about last night and Mr. Adam. What should she say? She didn't really want to spy on her, especially with Sir Trent.
  "I think Mr. Adam will let you go. He's nice that way" she lied
  "Ok thanks" Eve looked over to Casper "what's going on over there anyways. You looked like you were about to pass out"
  "What do you mean" Bailee looked clueless
  Eve nudged her "Oh you know what I mean"
  "Ok you got me. I was just trying to see if he already had a girl to take to the dance Monday" she blushed
"Girl I got you" Eve walked over to Casper while Bailee died of embarrassment
"Hey where's Bailee" Casper looked around
"Oh um....she went to the bathroom. She said she will be right back" Eve lied "but hey did you hear about that dance"
"Oh yeah. We got our invitations last night. Are you going to go with Matt" Casper smirked
Eve went red "Uh no. I told you already, I don't like him. But hey are you going with anybody" she tried asking casually
"No not really. I mean some girls have asked me already, but I've denied them all"
"Oh why so" Eve sounded intrigued
"Well you see-"
Ring! Ring! The bell interrupted their conversation.
"Oh gotta go" Eve ran to her next class. She was a bit late, but Mrs. Phoenix let it slide this time.
  The all girls class went by fast. The only thing they talked about was how to be graceful during a show down. I mean all you have to do is beat up people and try looking flawless at the same time.
Eve ran to Mr. Adam's room. She knocked repeatedly. When he answered, she burst through the door. She threw her bag down.
"Let's make this quick Mr. Adam. You see I have t-"
He stopped her "I know. Bailee told me. You may leave early"
She wrapped him in a hug. "Thanks Mr. Adam. I knew you would let me. I promise I'll work very hard next meeting"
When she let go he gasped for air "Your welcome. Go get yourself a nice dress you earned it" he shouted to her as she ran out the door
Bailee saw her run out. Mr. Adam greeted Bailee at his door.
"You know what to do" he told her
Bailee rolled her eyes "yeah sure. Where's the bad boy"
"Sir Trent will meet up with you at the cafe. Hurry up or you'll lose her"
"What ever" Bailee ran to the cafe. What am I doing? This is crazy! Has Mr. Adam gone crazy?