Chapter 14- Forgiveness

Somewhere in Australia
  Eve was sitting yet again in a plane. She exhaled knowing she was dreaming and looked around. She again saw the same woman from last time. She had the same bag. She got up and left when the plane landed.
"That woman is up to no good" Eve whispered to herself. She got up and decided to follow her. She walked past calmly. No one seemed to notice her.
Eve tried to catch up, but the woman hopped on a taxi. She looked for another one. All where taken. She lost her.
  As if on time, the scene shifted. She was standing in another room. Except the room was lit by two windows. Eve felt heat on her forehead. She quickly hid when she heard footsteps from outside.
"It's not that hard. Just take it. You had one job. I'm getting impatient with you" went a voice Eve has classified as the master
  "It's him" Eve feared
  He burst through the room doors. He wore all black, but his face was yet again blurry. He threw the phone across the room.
  "Worthless piece of trash" he yelled. He turned around and noticed Eve.
  "Who's at the base" Eve questioned. The man stepped closer.
  "You want to know little girl" he chuckled "it doesn't really matter"
  "Tell me"
  He snickered "Harder than I thought. He should have done the job by now. Maybe I underestimated you"
  "Why do you want me"
  "Oh I don't want anything with you. All I want is that necklace on your neck ,and as long as you are wearing it, I won't stop until it's in my full possession"

  Eve woke up startled. Sweat was dripping down her forehead. She wiped  her eyes and slumped down.
  "Bad dream"
  Eve looked to her right to see Matt. "Maybe. Why are you still up"
  "Couldn't sleep" He scooted closer "Are you still mad at me"
  Eve sighed "No. You are my partner. It's just......I don't want you lying about things"
  "I'm sorry. I know I'm careless sometimes, but I swear I care so much" he let out "you are like family"
  "Well at least you aren't my brother" Eve giggled
  "Hey but you can't be mad at me for lying"
  Eve looked over "What are you talking about"
  He rolled his eyes "you are gone half the time. And I can tell you aren't taking naps half the time"
  Eve hesitated. Then she came up with a perfect excuse. "Well I haven't been here for long, so I'm getting special tutoring from Mr. Adam"
"But you've seemed so distant lately. Are you afraid of something" Matt replied with concern
"I've been having weird dreams. But it's probably nothing" Eve knew it was more than nothing, but she didn't want to worry Matt
"You know you can tell me anything right"
"Matt it's really nothing"
"Ok Eve, just know I'm here. Think of me as your brother" he made a goofy face
Eve laughed "Ok goodnight"
"Good night princess"
"Don't call me that" Eve closed her eyes. She quickly fell asleep.

Morning
The kids got up an hour early to head to their own rooms to get ready for school. They lazily collected their things and left. Amber told Eve she would see her at lunch. Matt was invited to hang out with the other guys.
"We sure made some friends" Eve broke the silence between Matt and her
"Ha yeah" Matt opened the room door. They walked in and found their own invitations on the floor.
"This sounds fun" Eve held up the paper at eye level
"It's usually really epic" Matt looked at the invite
"I can't wait" Eve set it down on their drawer
They both quickly changed. While Matt was in the bathroom, Eve stood facing the mirror. She looked deeply into the necklace.
If I knew you would be bad news, I would have never touched you. But then I wouldn't have met my friends I have now. Accept the fate and break the promise.
  The words bounced in her head. She couldn't believe that scary poem was  engraved into the necklace. Once she thought is was beautiful, now it's deadly. I had to make a stupid promise.
  "Are you ready" Matt was already at the door
  "Uh yes" Eve followed him down to Mr. Adam's room. Before class, the teacher handed her a new schedule.
"What's this" she looked carefully
"It's your new schedule. You'll be having afternoon training with us. Don't be late" he smiled. Eve nodded in acceptance.
"Good. Now take a seat"
In that class day, they finished testing. One kid peed himself, another sprained her ankle. Eve didn't know that a class could be more deadly.
  Then lunch rolled around. Eve met Amber at her group lunch table. She sat next to her new friends joyfully. They had pizza this time.
  Matt, who sat across the room, ate his pizza with his new friends as well. He felt relaxed that he got Eve's trust back. He knew he made a mistake. I won't mess with her anymore. He smiled to himself.
  After lunch, Eve and Amber walked together to the all girl class.
  "Eve" Amber looked at her
  Eve looked "what's wrong"
  "I was thinking of asking Raven to the Ball" she stated quietly
  "Are you crazy!"
  Amber sighed "I know. I just really want to go with her. Do you think she'll even say no"
  "No no. She'll totally except. Why wouldn't she? I bet deep down she actually likes you" Eve disagreed
  Amber smiled "you really think so. Mm maybe I should ask her. Eve your a good friend"
  Unfortunately for Amber, someone had already asked. The two walked in the room to hear Raven boasting. The two walked closer to get a better hearing.
  "Mm huh. He asked me at lunch. He's strong and handsome"
  "He's very-" started one of her twin friends
  "Lucky to have-" said the other twin
  "You" the both finished
Who are they talking about? Eve and Amber thought in there heads.
  "What's his name" asked a girl with blonde hair
  "His name is Tom" Raven  answered.
  Eve's eyes widened. Out of all the boys, she had to say him! Eve turned to where Amber was, but she was already out the door.
  Then Raven took notice of Eve's eavesdropping. She snickered and her twin friends also noticed Eve.
  "Jealous" she smirked
  Eve couldn't stand her voice. "I was only listening to the conversation"
  "Then why don't you join us again Eve. This time you won't be leaving so soon" her friends grabbed Eve's arms. They threw her to the center of their circle.
  "Why can't you just leave me alone" Eve got up
  Raven laughed "all friends of Amber are enemies. Now fight me like a real women"
  Eve backed up only to be pushed back in. She feared this might happen. But Amber wasn't here to save her this time. She had to fight. Where is Mrs. Phoenix. Eve didn't have time to think.
  "I got you where I want you. Why don't you face me you coward" Raven charged at her. Five seconds passed and Eve got a fist to the face.
  Eve held back tears as she was forced to fight. She tried punching Raven back, but she was too weak. Raven managed to push her down. Then kicked her hard in the gut.
"Weak. Like I said before. She'll never beat me" Raven kicked her again.
This time it didn't hurt. In fact it triggered the necklace. All the bruises where healed. Then she got a slight sensation she never felt before. She felt younger, bolder, and even stronger. She swiftly jumped up again. This time she felt different.
Raven turned around in astonishment. So did the other girls.
"That's fine. You're asking for it you idiot" Raven went for another punch.
Eve smiled and quickly dodged. The girls all gasped in surprise. Raven looked back at Eve with anger in her eyes. Raven charged at her again. This time Eve caught the punch. Then kneed her stomach. Raven winced in pain. Eve let her drop to the floor. Eve squatted down to her.
"That's how women do it" Eve spat in her face. "Girls help Raven up. Will ya?" She walked out the door leaving the rest of the girls speechless.