Chapter 20- Angry Eve

Sir Trent crept silently towards the dressing rooms. Bailee watched with her binoculars as he stepped in. She put her hand over her mouth and gasped.

  Eve checked one more time. She couldn't have lost her shoe. It was the only pair she had besides what Bailee gave her. She couldn't have lost it. Then she didn't find it. With a sigh, she turned around to leave, but it seems like life didn't want the fun to end just yet.
  When she did turn to leave, she found a Sir Trent standing in the room. He slid a key under the door and looked up with a smile. Eve was confused over two things. One, why is Sir Trent walking into a dressing room without something to try on. I mean that's just pointless. Two, why did he slide a key under the door.

  "He did not....did.....just........oh my gosh" Bailee said speechless. The original plan was to lock her in from the outside. Then quickly run back. He was not supposed to lock himself  in there with her.

  "Sir Trent. What? Ok I'm leaving" she tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge. They were locked in.
  "Yeah that key you just saw. It was to open the door" Sir Trent admitted
  Eve went from confused to furious in a heart beat "What! So you just locked us in here. W-why? Why would you do that"
  He rolled his eyes and put his hands on his hips. "No need to be dramatic"

  Bailee walked over and picked up the key. "Eve are you ok"
  Eve heard Bailee from the outside "No just really upset. Can you get us out"
  Bailee quickly tried opening the door. She didn't want her friend to go through what she went through. She inserted the key and turned, but when she tried opening it, it didn't move.
  "Ha ha" she laughed shyly with a hint of panic in her voice
  She tried again. Still nothing. "Uh guys. This is going to make you crack up. You see the door won't open"
  Sir Trent raised a brow "What do you mean"
  Bailee laughed shyly again, this time they could hear the panic "I mean the key won't work"
  Eve started laughing. She was laughing so hard she fell to the floor clutching her stomach. Then she turned to Sir Trent. She pinned him against the wall. "I swear if you don't find us a way out of here I'll make sure you never have children"
He smiled. "Oh calm down Saguaro"
"Don't make me snap, tinker bell. You got us into this mess" she back talked
"It's working" Bailee realized. If Sir Trent was in there, it would surly drive Eve crazy. Nice thinking Sir Trent.
"No I didn't. You lost your shoe" Sir Trent pointed out
"How do you know that" Eve looked confused
He smiled "What? I just saw that you didn't have your other shoe"
"No. No you planed this didn't you" Eve yelled
He shrugged "You know I'm not that smart Saguaro"
"Wait a minute! When did Bailee get here? Were you in this too" Eve said infuriated
Bailee laughed shyly. "You see....I was..looking.......around the mall"
"Oh shut up. You are almost bad at lying as Matt is" Eve spat.
  If she didn't feel it earlier, she felt it now. The driving pulse through her veins, the sudden explosion of energy, the madness taking her over, and it wasn't the first time she felt like this. She threw Sir Trent to the ground.
  "Awe come on Eve. We were just having fun" Sir Trent chuckled. Eve was having none of this
  "Well it's my turn to have fun" she laughed. Her hand choked his throat as she lifted him up from the ground with surprising strength. Bailee heard his choking cries for help.
  "Eve it was all my idea. Don't beat up Sir Trent" she yelled
  Eve rolled her eyes in disgust "My own friend huh. Why bother my time with you then?" She threw him into one of the stalls. His limp body stayed still.
  "I'm coming Bailee" Eve said in a way that sent shivers up a murderer's spin
  There was a huge bang on the door. Then there was silence. Bailee hid, but knew Eve would eventually find her. She held her breath for a second. Then a hand punched threw the door. She saw it cut a deeper hole. Then out came  a girl she knew looked completely different than Eve. There was a red gleam in her eyes.
  Her other friends rushed to the scene. Amber looked over to Bailee who looked terrified.
  "Eve" Amber tried getting closer
  "No" Bailee accidentally shouted
  Eve laughed "You can hide, but you can't run"
  Bailee got up and tried to run away. Eve threw a rack at her hitting Bailee in the back. She fell to the ground.
"I thought I could trust you. You were my first friend, yet you do this" she ran towards Bailee. She punched her against the wall.
  Bailee clenched her fist. But Eve pinned her against the same wall. She kicked her gut and let her drop to the floor. Eve held up her fist.
  "I made a mistake trusting you. Now time to finish what we started" her first was an inch away from hitting Bailee's face, but Eve got hit and was sent flying across the room. Eve lay on the ground. She didn't move.
Bailee looked up relieved. "Mr. Adam thank you"
He walked over to Eve. "She'll be fine. She can heal herself"
Sir Trent walked cautiously out the dressing room "I would have helped, but I was limp at the time"
A women came to the scene. "My store, it's recked. What on Earth happened here"
"Don't worry Gaby. I'll pay for all the damages" Mr. Adam seemed alarmingly calm with the situation
Amber and her friends rushed to Eve's side. Eve blinked and opened her eyes. Bailee hid behind Mr. Adam.
"What....happened" she mumbled as she rubbed her sore head
"You totally went off on Bailee. It was terrifying" Amber helped her up
"What" Eve looked around at the demolished racks
"She seems like she forgot all about it. I think we should keep it this way for now. Let's all get some sleep tonight" Mr. Adam turned and headed off without another word
"I'll take her from here" Bailee volunteered. Amber gave Eve to Bailee. The two of them made their way to Eve's room.

"Um...I'm...sorry" Bailee broke the silence. Eve couldn't quite remember what happened back at Gaby's Corner
"For what"
Bailee sighed "Even though Mr. Adam said I shouldn't tell you, but I don't think it's right. Sir Trent and I locked you in the dressing room, with Sir Trent in there with you. Just so we can make angry Eve come out. Please don't kill me"
Eve took a second to think things through. Finally she had the right words. "Bailee did I hurt you"
"Didn't you hear me? I just used you" Bailee looked at her
"Did I hurt you" she responded.
Bailee nodded. I can't forget about that red gleam in her eyes.
"Then I'm sorry" Eve said
"No I deserve it"
Eve shook her head "no you don't. I hurt innocent people when I'm like that. Do you promise never to try something like that again?"
Bailee held out her pinky. "Promise"
They walked to Eve's room. Eve smiled to herself. I'm glad I have friends like Bailee. Or I wouldn't make it through here. Why would I ever get mad at her?
"Bye" they both waved goodbye.
Who knows if she'll do something like that again? She'll have to learn to control her powers, or we'll all die. Bailee thought in her head. This wasn't going to be the last Eve lost control. They have a long way to go.