Chapter 41- Flamin' Independent Woman Who Doesn't Need A Man.

Eve was dreaming. She didn't know why at this moment, but somehow she was. Somehow she saw herself sleeping. The scene changed and a tall lady with bright red hair was dancing. A man came into the room he danced with her before leading her out of that room. The scenes shifted to another room.
  There was a little girl sitting in a chair. She giggled as a tiny radio played some music. She got quiet as the two adults walked into the room. The lady smiled kindly. The man walked over and presented the girl.
  The girl was short and had bleach blonde hair. She smiled widely. Then the smile vanished from the ladies face. And with a stern voice she said. "Why did you bring her here"
The little girl was confused. The man frowned. "Now hun, I know you don't-"
"She's not ready. You know that" the lady snapped
"No one is ever ready. We can teach her. Together, we can" he smiled. The lady sighed. "Okay, but does she know yet"
"Know what" the girl piped up. They both turned to her with concerned looks.
The man pulled her aside. "I have a dangerous job, but you must keep it a secrete" the girl nodded and listened with a face of curiosity. "It deals with magic, and she" he looked to the lady. "She is a hunter"
"A hunter?" The girl questioned
The lady walked up. "Yes, and it's very, very dangerous. I can't put it any other way. So if you are going to live with us, you must learn not to interrupt our work"
  The girl shook her head. "Yes ma'am. Will I get to see you?"
  "Of course" the lady smiled
The scene shifted. It was a room. Eve heard a familiar voice. 'Few weeks paced and the girl got settled. We called her Penny after my first name. The name my fiancé wanted to give her was ridiculous'.
'One week I left for a special meeting at a Base I would soon take control of. I left him to take care of Penny. I thought he would manage. I thought Penny could handle her temptations. I was terribly wrong'. Then the scene changed to the girl standing outside of a locked door. The key was hanging from the door knob. She hesitated to turn it and walk in.
'I should have stayed. My fiancé had started a horrible project of a magical necklace. He was fascinated with its background. So fascinated, he wanted it. Everyday he would say' "one day we'll have enough money to go look for it. You, me, and Penny will be famous" 'Crazy I said one night, but he persisted. Of course I knew magic was real. Two very powerful but different twins were transported to my base that year. They were young fellows that had strange powers, but I won't get much into detail. All I can say is that the one with brown hair had cared for my daughter'
'That day that I left, the girl wondered the house and came upon a door. My fiancé' had a working area. Being the curious girl she was, she walked in with wondrous eyes'
"What are you doing here" he said, the little girl walked up to him. "I want to learn more about your work" she said. 'Why did she make that promise?'
"I will help you find the necklace"
The man smiled. "For it's ULTIMATE power"
"Yes" the girl nodded
'I came back to find all our things missing, the house, the dogs, the piano I enjoyed so much, was gone. We start today they said. We searched alright. For ten years. Still nothing. Ashamed I ran away from them. My everything was gone. Before I left I gave Penny a farewell kiss while she slept'
"Mrs. Phoenix is what you can call me" the lady stormed out their tent. The man treading behind her.
"What about us, and Penny?" He yelled
With tears she cried. "I still love you, but I won't waste my life looking for nothing"
Then It was dark. Eve could hear a weird buzzing noise. A sudden pop exploded in her ear. She was in a lab and in front of her was a hazel haired boy named Mr. Adam.
  "What was that all about? Was that really Mrs. Phoenix? She had a family! Wh-"
  "Eve calm down. Mrs. Phoenix sent me that. I just had to show you. Now I did take care of Penny" he sipped some coffee
  "What was she like? Is that what you meant when you said you and Mrs. Phoenix go way back?"
  "We'll sort of. Anyways, she did in fact leave them, and I never saw Penny again. I never met the fiancé"
  "Why would she want me to see this" Eve tried connecting the dots in her head
  Mr. Adam shrugged. "It might be important. All I know is that around that time one of our top hunters, or Bailee's dad, in the league disappeared"
  "Do you think that might be connected" Eve tried harder
  Mr. Adam thought for a bit. "There's a great chance it is. Look for clues will you. If you happen to find Mrs. Phoenix tell her of your travels"
  "Oh that's right. I have one other part of the necklace"
  "I know Eve, remember Sir Trent tells me. Unfortunately he is knocked out right now"
  "So am I knocked out"
  "Yes, but you'll jolt awake anytime now"
  "Mr. Adam?"
  "Yes"
  She hugged him and with misty eyes whimpered, "I miss you. I wish you came with us. Everything's confusing. I want to go home. I don't want to look and run anymore"
  "Eve I know it's hard, but you are a flaming independent women who doesn't need a man to get through things. I believe in you. I want you to know that I'm very proud and happy to have a student like you. You learn quickly, and I makes me happy to see that you have grown"
  "Thank you Adam" she wiped her face
  "Off you go now. Not a minute to waste"
  "Bye, I-I'll keep you in mind"
  He waved bye as she faded away back to wherever she landed. What could this new snippet of information mean?